BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,
I've heard that there are steelhead in the tsable river and have been wanting to fish it for quite a while now. are there acctually any steelhead in this river? If so are they fishable ie. spawners. if there are fishable steelhead in there does anyone know any good spots to fish this river

any info is appreciated :thumbup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Years ago, I fished the Tsable for winter runs. It was a nice little stream, but it was a delicate run. Didn't fish it again. Then several years ago, it was identified as a stream at risk and winter steelheading was prohibited. I haven't heard of it being reopened for Winter run fish. I would think that if there were any summer runs in that system, they would be even more vulnerable than the Winter Fish. If you want to fish summer runs, try the Stamp or some of the rivers north of the Campbell.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Fish the Tsable for cutts but leave the 2 steelhead alone. That goes for the Tsolum, Trent, Englishman, Puntledge, and any other ECVI stream. They need about 15 years to recover. Oh, sorry, there were about 50 summers in the Oyster this year but hey, that's a far cry from what it once had. You make the call. :peace:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.