BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've seen people launching boats and fishing in the vicinity of the Ferry Terminal . What are they targetting and when does this fishery take place. I am planning to do some salt water fishing this year and I am quite close to this area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check the latest DFO announcments on this site. Serious regulation changes that effect this area for the short term.
Most people crab and bottomfish as it is quite shallow up until the ferry slips. A long time ago we used to fish coho at the start of Aug. Things have changed. You might try targeting them by mid Sept. Also there are a few people who target springs at certain times of the year. Be warned the tidal currents here are very strong and there are commerecial traps laid out all over the place. As well you need to be aware of the US/Canada border. If the US coast guard is out and you are in there water space they will chase you out especially come sockeye season.
Don't let all this doom and gloom get you down though. The best thing to do is go out and experiment. I've had too many negative trips out there in the last few years so I don't really bother with it to much anymore. Maybe someone else on this site has some positive thoughts and tips to add. Good luck. Paolo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.