BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
Three years ago i headed up the T'seax with my uncle and a few of his friends...We were only there 3-4 hours and never even had a bite. Now i've heard some fish tales from a few guys at some tackle shops saying that usually this river is jam-packed with 25-40lb chinook in mid july :eek:. Has anyone else heard anything about this because i'm thinking of takin a trip up the Nass area this summer. If these stories that i've heard are false i'd like to hear of a few other places that may be productive.
Tight Lines,
DSFC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Call the hardware store in Kitimat and talk to them. I was up there and they really know they're stuff. It is more of a tackle store than hardware. And a few guides run out of there. Ron Wikida I think is the guys name. I might be wrong on the spelling of the last name. But he would now about the whole area. not just kitimat timeings. He is a world of knowledge...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know Ron Wakita fairly well. I also know pat as well. Ron knows alot but iwas just trying to start a topic in this area since there is not to many being posted

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I heard the same thing when I was in terrace, but I heard the run timing was a bit later around mid august. When I fished the Tseax for Ho's in october there were some big dark springs around so if you had been a month earlier you probably would have found them to be chrome.

It is always worth heading down there, take a walk down the Tseax towards the mouth and spend a day doing it. If you don't see springs there are lots of other great rivers within an hour that you can hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts