Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bergler said:
Nice footage Pippen! Is that your boat or are you filming? :)
I agree (can't take the credit though).......and......Nope and no! :'( I only wish.....I would love to get back into that country as it looks stunning.....I really need a trip up further than PG!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Jeez I was all pumped up for an upriver whitewater run and most of the film is going downstream!....Pretty cool video, tho'....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
:eek: That was some pretty wicked footage... and exactly how many times can you use a beaver damn as a jumping platform before it fails (kind like number of licks to the centre of a tootsie pop)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
They shot a lot of vid for those shots and you can bet you sweet biffy that all this water was scouted VERY CAREFULLY prior to all the high speed up & down those channels...Poor beavers... I think they will have some reconstruction to do...That one boat that got a bit of sideways air, looked like it may have suffered a "hole" in the hull....Reminds me of my whitewater days. Lotsa fun but good recon will always make the day Fun & Safe!......Ortho 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody know if you can put hi8 video to digital,i have some cool video of a trip up a small river on my last moose /fishing trip.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Now that last vid is boatx4. Those channels couldn't be any deeper than a couple inches at best! They sure don't mind beating those boats either, right over the rocky bars like nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The boats are hammered but not as hard as you would think. The whole principle of running that skinny water is that at high speed the flatter bottomed boat pushes a bow wave in front and under it. Since you cannot compress a liquid the boat will ride up on this layer of water and stay there. The problem is that if you go too slow the water has time to squirt out the sides. Same principle on tight corneres were you push water against the bank and ride it through. Sounds great in principle but there can be some rude suprises in that skinny water. Also if you have to slow down or stop, that layer of water disappears and you end up with a long dry push.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts