BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some Tuff Line Duracast recently and am very disappointed in the quality of the product. I always use Tuff Line XP when using braid but I thought I would pick up some of the Tuf Line Duracast to test it out on my spinning reel. It is actually a fused line like the old fireline (not sure about the new stuff) and is not braided at all. It is just a bunch of strands of spectra fused together by a coating to make it round. The coating easily peels off and the line then frays and it's strength and abrasion resistance are comprimised. If looking for a round braid for spinning reels I would recommend Sufix Performance Braid instead but unfortunately I have only seen it for sale on the web. I have used the Sufix and it is high quality and a true braided line. It is made with 8 strands instead of 6 which makes it round rather than flat like most braids. The new Sufix 832 line sounds promising but I have not used it yet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
this is unusal for this product. Lots sold this last year with no issues. PM me your contact info and Western Filament will send you replacement line n/c they don't like having dissatified consumers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will contact them about getting a replacement spool but I seriously doubt it will preform better because it is the fact that it is a fused line with a coating that makes it junk. But since I like Western Filament's Tuff Line XP I will give them another shot but I won't get my hopes up. My spool was so bad that the coating would peel right off just from trying to tie a blood knot to fluorocarbon!

Here is a picture of what I am talking about

1 - 4 of 4 Posts