BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer (late July) I am planning on spending a couple of weeks up around Princeton. I have never fished either the Tulameen or Similkimeen rivers and was wondering if any one has any advice/suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Don't know how those rivers are doin but I was on Otter lake last summer around that time and I
was rather disturbed by the number of Northern Pike Minnoes in that lake. Four days not a single
trout but NPM's in the thousands............ :-\

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you are there after the bulk of the runoff, there is some decent dry fly fishing on the Similkameen, mostly between Princeton and the Bromley Rock picnic site. There are no Large fish in the system, and the average size will likely be under 12" but there are lots of fish in the system.....Sometimes you have to look hard....Others have fished the areas around Kerameos and had some success...I have fished a worm under a bobber as recently as two years ago and did very well just west of Kerameos, below Stemwinder campground....Very small dick nites and spinners work as well.......The. Tulameen does not harbor many fish and can be very unproductive.....If you go north from Princeton, there are a lot of lakes with excellent fishing in June/July and can be accessed via car without problem, however, you need a boat of some kind.........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Bromley Rock has an excellent pool to fish just below the campground! Worth a look! Seen people fishing there last year and hooking spunky little trout using dry flys!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went up to Princeton today, with my son. Water was way too high to fish at Princeton, so headed back into Manning and nymphed there for a couple of hours. The water was about the right depth, but the temperqature (water) was about 41°. Couldn't move any fish in the time we were there. A great day, however. Nice to throw a single hand 4wt. for a change. Going to have to start hitting lakes next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.