BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took an extra day and made it into an extra long weekend.8) Took the family and trailer up to the resort. The weather from Friday through Monday gave us a mixed bag of snow, hail, rain and a ton of wind. It forced the wife and kids to spend most of the trip hanging out in the warmer confines of the rolling hacienda while I put in 4-5 hours of fishing in each day. Both CFC (who arrived a day ahead of me) and I braved the elements and managed a few fish to hand amongst the sparatic hatches of Chironomids. # 10 & #12 Static Bag patterns fished naked off a dry line and under indicators just off the bottom from 16' down to 8' feet of water seemed to be the ticket. Also Pregnant Scud Patterns got some interest when the need to switch things up for a bit arose. Over all the severe unsettled weather was the biggest challenge which made the fishing spotty. Of course on the morning of our departure home there was barely a cloud in the sky. I wished I had one more day. ::) Regardless it was a great primer to get my stillwater season under way.

Finder:cheers:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey FF. I was thinking of coming up to meet you folks, but I couldn't make it last weekend. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate too much, but if anyone can find the fish, I'm sure it's you.

Ciao.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice report Kev. Thanks for sharing. Just one thing...why didn't you call me??? LOL. Actually, I was in Montreal/Kingston/Toronto then and just got back yesterday. I leave for my stillwater trip tomo and will give you a report when I'm back!

Static bag patterns huh? I'll have to tie some up! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I too was there on the long weekend. Very busy and crowded in the camp, but the strong winds kept the fishermen on shore so the lake was empty. we got a few on static bag choronies, but worked pretty hard for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts