BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tunkwa on July 9 evening major surface feed in evenings. Saw quite a few fish caught in spite of the heat. July 10 morning Tunkwa very hot again, less fish but bigger. July 10 evening Pass lake west of Kamloops, only saw 1 fish caught, 6#, big fish in Pass Lake but hard to catch(shocker!!). July 11 morning Pass Lake windy as could be not a sniff. July 11 afternoon evening Roche Lake windy and smoking hot 1 nice 2# cutty but fishing was terribly slow by all reports. Looking forward to visiting each place again come fall. Water temp was between 68 and 70 degrees F on all three lakes. It was so hot the one day I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking!!;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DSC06415.jpg 100% sure. He had rows of teeth in back of throat which clearly indicate cutthroat. I was surprised as well. see attached pic for reference.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks like a typical diploid pennask male kelt Rainbow Trout. It would have been a month of recovery before it reached prime shape.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do they also have rows of teeth in the back of the throat because this fish did?
I would have no reason to check for teeth on the back of the tongue. The lack of red slash on a spawned out fish should be a much better indicator to you that it isn't a cutty.
That and the fact that there have never been cuttroat trout in Roche Lake - wild or stocked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts