BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Early June the fishing right off the first point in front of the resort is pretty hot. It is great if you are staying at the resort but a long haul with a motor from the Provincial Site. 8 - 15 feet of water, chironomids under the indicator.

For the price difference the camping at the resort is better (IMO). Way less wind due to them still having there trees, in the lower portion anyways. For a couple of bucks more you have nice hot showers (newly renovated bath house to boot), freezer for your catch (if you like to keep) and friendly staff that will go out of their way to help you with anything.

I am biased, but that is only due to us plunking down for the whole summer/fall last year. This year we had an annual spot and intentions to put a 5th wheel in semi permanent. Unfortunately due to starting a new business I would have not made it up any reasonable amount so we gave up our spot. So painful...

Hopefully rising fuel costs will drive down the cost of used 5th wheels by next year...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pumpkinhead fly? never heard of it. can someone describe one, or link me to a recipe or something?

just remember if one is fishing slowly the other is usually fishing better. dont sit in one all day catching nothing
we're kind of stuck on one lake, since we'll be fishing out of a boat. if it was a cartopper boat, we could move from one lake, but un fortunately it's a trailered boat. my buddy is kind of new to fly fishing, and float tubes would make it a bit more difficult for me to keep an eye on him, help with gear issues and give him pointers.

i think we'll drive around and look at both lakes and talk to a few people in the campgrounds and at the resort as to which one is fishing better.

as for camping, we're not worried about it, since we're only going up for the day. we're going to try and be at the lake by 9 in the morning and leave after dark. we'll just park in the day use area.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Here is a video from tunkwa lake with 2 guys fishing with pumpkinheads.At the end of the video they explain how to tie it up. Now the orange silver lined bead is an 8/0 and can only be bought at a bead shop. If you live in the Kamloops area there is a bead shop there and there is one here in the lowermainland in poco called bead works.

http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com/local-northwestoutdoors.php

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.