BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going up to Tyaughton (sp) lake August long weekend, has anyone gone there via Fraser Canyon route, from the lower mainland. if so how long will it take ? I have been there once via the Hurley, but that was in a toyota 4x4, this time a ford escape(kids) so i think i will go Fraser canyon. any info appreciated.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Went up may long to tyaughton, beautiful place with good fishing for small trout. Took us from whistler less than 4 hours. We went Whistler to Lillooet to Tyaughton. Beautiful scenery along the road. hope this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am a frequent, almost part timer in the Bridge River Valley. You can take the Trans Canada hwy. (#1) to Lillooet and then continue to Tyaughton or Goldbridge. This will take 6 hrs from Vancouver. You can also take the 99 to Pemberton and continue to lillooet and then same. This will take 5 hrs. The Hurley is the shortest at about 4 hrs but you really should only do it in a truck or 4x4. Its not that you need 4 wheel drive but rather the clearence and the suspension of a truck would be better. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Paulo, Dereke
Great info, i will go Pemberton-Lillooet , i didn't think the Hurley was the way to go
with my present vehicle. Just hope the rug rats make to Pemberton with out hurling.

Gmason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.