BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please reply back to this thread for those attending.
The theme will be concentrated on stillwater patterns for the up coming lake season but you are welcome to tie what ever you choose
Bring your own vice, tools and whatever you need to tie your flies with
Bring your own drinks and food
Those that are intersted in learning and want to watch first are also welcome. A 7pm start till when ever. :drunk:

Finder ;)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Twas the night before "fishout" and all thru the night
The members were tying , some dull ones and bright :eek:

Sise 6 and size 10 and others just right
Hoping tomorrow they'll work at firstlight.

The feathers and hackles and thread piled high
And scissors and bobbins were beginning to fly :wallbash:

With the spirits all gone and the food long consumed
A late night hush came over the room
They slept and they snored 'til the morning alarm
"Grab your gear and your flies,boys" It soon will be dawn! :happy:

So of to the river went the whole motley crew
To hike and to cast and and to soon catch a few!! ;) ;)

(add your own lines to the above and post).........................................Ortho 8)...I'll be there, Kevin

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fishortho said:
Twas the night before "fishout" and all thru the night
The members were tying , some dull ones and bright :eek:

Sise 6 and size 10 and others just right
Hoping tomorrow they'll work at firstlight.

The feathers and hackles and thread piled high
And scissors and bobbins were beginning to fly :wallbash:

With the spirits all gone and the food long consumed
A late night hush came over the room
They slept and they snored 'til the morning alarm
"Grab your gear and your flies,boys" It soon will be dawn! :happy:

So of to the river went the whole motley crew
To hike and to cast and and to soon catch a few!! ;) ;)

(add your own lines to the above and post).........................................Ortho 8)...I'll be there, Kevin
"As nothing better tops off a day, than a few bent rods
in small groups they'll split, some members some mods.
Some will fish gear, some will toss a fly,
in the end fun will be had and time will fly by,
To share in the day it's why they'll hop out of bed,
in the seeminly endless search for Steelhead"...... :happy:

See you there Ortho! :cheers:

Finder ;D

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Well, everything works out OK, and I can make the tying night after all. Same plan as before, I'll bring out the trailer and be ready to fish at first light. :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Got food and bevies for the fishout. Got a great Shiraz for the evening gathering, got my trout fly tying kit (a christmas present, last year) got my T & T 8 wt ready to rock, and a nice bet with Proff. to cash in when my first steel' comes to hand in the am...Ahhhh ya......I am so ready.........See ya @ 7..........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Once again the Chilliwack fly tying night was a great success for those who made it out. Finder, Ortho, Rick and myself all made it out for a 7 PM start tying up some stillwater patterns. Phearless joined for a while, but he only stayed for about a half hour (and one drink) as he had his wife sitting outside guarding the boat. Some guys have all the luck! Rick wasn't feeling too well that evening, which meant there were plenty of jokes at his expense. (Thanks Rick :thumbup: :thumbup:) Ortho was pretty much a fly tying virgin, but by the end of the night he was turning out some very decent chironomids and leeches. He's going to be landing fish on his own flies this summer.

The night came to an end around midnight, if I remember correctly (that part of the evening remains a bit fuzzy) and we all headed off to our respective beds to arise at dawn and the welcome presence of ribwart with fresh Timmy Ho's double doubles and bagels. Thanks again for hosting, Kevin. Don't worry, little kids should stay up until midnite on occasion. Think of it a a rehearsal for when they are teenagers. :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.