BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about an update on the fishing off Ucluelet. I will be heading over there the 7th-12th with my two young sons and hoping to get some hali's and some big springers. It sounds like it has been going much slower than the past few years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just got back tonite
5 days =1 fish

If you go call Long beach charters ask for allan he will get you fish
he is a buddy of mine but he was to busy to take us out and I was lost fishing out
of my own boat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey fellas thanks. I have only been going to Ucluelet for the last three August runs which have been really good. Highroller I was wondering if you could point me to the wreck. I have been to sw corner and 25 mile bank and would prefer not to have to go that far(25miles) if I don't have to. Is the wreck near southwest corner? That would be much closer. Do you have the GPS on it that you would be willing to share. Sounds like it will be slower than I had hoped, but still looking forward to going I love the area and the people that I meet there every year. Thanks again for the info.

P.S. what size Tomic spoons were working and any specific colors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Nate,it is Todd.How are you and your family doing?Thanx again for the nice write up and recommendations you posted in the past! Greetings Truckman! the wreck is approximately 6 miles south west of the southwest corner.Unfortunately I am finished for the season and don't have access to my gps right now.If you are leaving from Ucluelet harbour the wreck is about 20 miles at 220 on the compass.You will want to find 280 feet of water and there should be lots of boats there still at this time of year.I was using the smaller tomic spoons with a five foot leader and a purple hot spot flasher for salmon.The best color was the pearl 156 i believe with a pink stripe.Good luck and let me know how you made out---Todd

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Todd!

Hello Todd...ya the family is doing swell. I'm getting married really soon so things have started to get crazy here (juggling work and wedding prep) !!! :shock: As well my dad has been working like a madman trying to get their deck renovations finished for my wedding rehearsal after-party! Stressful!
We moored our boat out of Horseshoe bay a while back but have been too busy to go out more than twice! :lol:
Oh well...2007 should be a lot of fun with the Fraser Pink run coming :D Cheers and hope all is well! -Nate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Nate,nice to hear from you.Sounds like you have been very busy.Have a great time at your wedding and i hope you bring out some Salmon for the after party.I am taking bookings for next year already--many happy anglers,so as soon as you get a chance to look at a calendar give me a call--Todd

·
Registered
477 Posts
Todd: We'll definately be preparing some salmon dishes for the party. These Ucluelet fish are excellent tasting...the old man is gonna smoke some of it soon as well. As far as next season, I'm looking forward to doing the 26 mile bank Halibut/Salmon trip for me and some pals...I know your morning charters book-up quite fast, so I've gotta find out who's interested very soon! When I find out the number of guys that are interested, I'll give you a ring. My friends can be hard to motivate...but you'll hear from me at some point even if it's only for an afternoon charter! Cheers and have a relaxing downtime! -Nate in NW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.