BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on underwater video cameras?

With xmas coming up I thought it might be nice to get one for my father-in-law to use when
ice fishing.

We don't general fish in anything too deep but has anyone tried these a long way down?

Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi NickH:

There are some cameras that can handle short dunkings for shallow underwater shots or video clips. I think both Pentax and Olympus makes them, and they are quite reasonably priced. I have also seen the photos, and they seem to take great pictures.

My most current digital camera is a Sony DSC-T7. I like it because it's very compact and has a lot of features for a point and shoot camera. It doesn't take the best pictures on the market, but it's quite good. I also have a Sony Sport Jacket specifically made for it, and it allows me to take underwater photos and videos, as well as use of the camera in inclement weather with full access to the camera's functions. Sony makes these Sport Jackets for most of their cameras.

There are also waterproof cases for a lot of other cameras...especially Canon. So if you have a brand preference, you'll probably be able to outfit it for waterproofness if it isn't already.

Stone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

but :)
I was looking more along the lines of an Aqua-Vu Scout Underwater Camera System like they
sell at cabelas.

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
NickH said:
Thanks for the info

but :)
I was looking more along the lines of an Aqua-Vu Scout Underwater Camera System like they
sell at cabelas.

Thanks
Nick
LOL!!! :shock: :lol: :roll: That's what happens when you work a bunch of 12 hour shifts in a row and end up speed reading through posts...all I saw was "digital camera" but now I see that you are in fact looking for an ice fishing model. Sorry, man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts