BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Would it be legal to be "under" the water while fishing for steelhead?...I thought of several things while reading about the local "swim counts"....(besides stocking up your tackle box with all the gear found in certain areas)....Get a video of a steelhead actually hitting a bait/lure...anyone have anything like that??...Just curious...Anybody got any video of ANY fish whacking a trolled bait or a fish hitting a float etc.?......Ortho

·
Registered
172 Posts
My ex's parents operate a lodge on the Dean and have done several shots for gear advertisements, magazines etc They have a video of flies under water being hit by summer run steelhead. I dont have any copies though. Very cool. Saw a pic of a salmon taking a spoon on a downrigger with a seal chasing behind it, if I find it I'll post it.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
a little off topic for the fresh water forum but it reminded me of the short lived theory of charlie whites that salmon hit upside down. soon after he realised that his camera was in the box upside down :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cool shots WW! Looks like that over on the Cap in the summer.I've lost a few summer rum cohos to them.I've actually played out a seal for a fish and aftewr 20 mins the seal just gave up and let go. Get a winner once in awhile.

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i think it is a shark?check out the eyes and tail!hmmmmm

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think it is a salmon, though it looks sharky. My two reasons are, it doesn't look like it has the second dorsal fin like a dog fish would and never in 21 years of salmon fishing have I ever had a seal take any fish but a salmon from my line. Fish look odd swimming.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'd deffinately say shark, the link even says "black tail stalker" isn't a black tail a variety of shark?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts