BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A head’s up on boat canvas and upholstery: Valerie Oakley, once head seamstress at my now-ended marine company, is now with aquatica Marine (formerly Galleon Marine) on the Langley Bypass in Langley. Through Val aquatica is able to offer a full-service on-site marine canvas and upholstery construction and repair such as custom tonneau covers, Bimini tops, etc., and full restoration of sun-baked vinyl cushions and bolsters.

Norman Dubé, Operations Manager at aquatica, told me the new service, now in place, will be price-competitive.

Okay, that’s the bare bones. There’s a back story. The new management at aquatica is focused on service and that includes canvas and upholstery but where to find a competent person to do this – they’re not thick on the ground. When Norm called me a month or so ago about starting up a new division in the company handling canvas and upholstery I recommended Val, they met, and she started several weeks ago. But that’s not the full story.

Aquatica went all out to house Val – gave her a full bay and put up walls so to dust-proof the area, made a new large sewing table for her and made racks for the specialty tools Val brought with her. In all, professional all the way.

MichaelR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Val has now opened her own shop with a partner
Call Bitchin Stitchin at 778-549-0792 for a quote on your next project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts