BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I just had 4 days on the upper Pitt.Fishing was spectacular on the weekdays when the jet boats were gone.On our firststop in the raft,my dad landed 6 bulls ranging from6 to 10lbs on large weighted black leeches.I got 2 10lbrs just below dad's run in a shallow depression below some riffles.All this in the first 30 min.The fishing continued like this untill the stretch of river the jet boats were working.This was agravating as a jet would whip ahead of us and stop at the run before we could drift there.I was amazed at some of the shallow side channells and back creeks that produced large fish.Every little slower seam or depression,sometimes only 2ft deep,seemed to hold fish.Our best day came on our last day of drifting the river.I switched from leeches to a flashy orange,green and blue intruder.I cast to a 3ft deep slow seam between 2 fast whitewater sections and landed 8 fish in 12 or so casts.Many of them doubling my 8wt over and running up stream into my backing.The day continued like this and my dad and I caught well over 30 fish including 2 large springs that my dad lost.We also saw bears,deer and wolves and couger tracks.Drifting the river quietly in a raft is definately the best way to fish the river,as it allowed us to get to some tiny little channels that seemed to hold more fish than the bigger runs.Oh,....we also got a few 3lb bows too. :happy:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was an awesome trip and was nice to treat my dad.after all he started me fishing when I was about 3.He said I have always been obsessed with any creek or lake we passed.I'm 39 now and still obsessed with fishing.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
krahnic10.....the river is the upper pitt river at the headwaters of pitt lake,BC....access is by boat to the back of the lake then the lodge takes you up river to raft down.dad's run was just below hot springs,but everywhere there seemed to be fish.....alot of times in tiny little channels and seems.The jet boats did seem to spook the larger runs,as when we fished them the days the boats weren't there,we did great,when the boats were there,it was slow.That's why we fished the little tiny channels that the jets don't go near.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.