BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i will probably be making a trip up there with a member from here. my questions are:

whats should i bring for a fly rod? 8wt with tips? 5wt with tips? or anything in between (have a 6wt)

i need to tie up some patterns for the Bullies. what are some old faithfuls for them?

any info will greatly help us. Thanks :cheers:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Stone :thumbup:

hmm i dont have the stuff to tie ALOT of different colours :confused: guess its back to the fly store for me. Would you suggest making BIG ones with trailer hooks also?

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are these the kind of flies you were thinking Stone

i just tied this one up myself :thumbup: first one EVER

I think i did pretty good for a first time :thumbup: I bought Black, Olive, White and natural Zonker strips. hope that will be enough different colours

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Those look great, HOOK. If you want to whip out a whole bunch of them quickly, try using cross-cut zonker in white to replace the silver mylar tube, then add red dumbell eyes and some Krystal Flash for a tail. This style is also a lot more durable than using the mylar tubing, although the mylar does have some nice flash to it.Regular zonker strips for the top in natural, black, olive and purple have done well for me in the past.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks TNT however i might tie up some of those but BIG cause i think are main target are those sea run Bulls :thumbup: and im taking an 8wt with versatip system, should be fun. Hope we find some fish :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.