BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im sure you all have heard about the mini power plans for the upper pitt river here is a link to a video of what it will happen to this beautiful part of British Columbia, its sad!! Please watch the video and send of a letter to the minister, link is there!

http://publicpowerbc.ca/Save-the-Upper-Pitt-Video

:cheers: Rick

· Registered
781 Posts
If you have not gone and taken the opportunity to go and see the ashlu site you definitely should!! It has changed that system already. It is not clean work that is being done and results in loss of habitat. I voiced my opinion when that project was being started and it fell on deaf ears. I will certainly voice my opinion about this and can only hope that the people who make decisions are not short sighted.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
reelangler said:
I'll be sending an e-mail to the minister daily, if not more than once per day. I don't care what it takes, soemthing has to be done.
Send a hard copy letter at least once. It is more important to a politician than a cut and paste email. :peace:

· Registered
1,367 Posts
professori said:
reelangler said:
I'll be sending an e-mail to the minister daily, if not more than once per day. I don't care what it takes, soemthing has to be done.
Send a hard copy letter at least once. It is more important to a politician than a cut and paste email. :peace:
Wasn't planning on copying and pasting. Gonna be a new original letter everytime.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
reelangler said:
professori said:
reelangler said:
Wasn't planning on copying and pasting. Gonna be a new original letter everytime.
Did't mean what you are actually doing, but what the pols feel is happening (and very often does). Most politicians won't even read emails, the have staff who do that and then send out a stock reply. Most politicians will read and respond to a written letter that they receive. By the way, if you send a letter to your MP at "The House of Parliament, Ottawa, ONtario" or your MLA at "The British Columbia Legislature, Victoria, BC" no postage is needed.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
With this power project they have to change the boundaries of the provincial park. Now in order to do this they have made an application to the ministry of enviroment to make amendments to the policy (www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/planning/bound_adj_policy.html ) . They want these adjustments made in order to put their transmissions lines threw. With out these adjustments this will not go ahead. Copies of the application can be found on their website at www.runofriverpower.com/content.php?id=105 or at public libraries in Mission, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, Coquitlam or in Squamish.

You can e-mail your comments direct to [email protected] and to B.C parks at [email protected]

B.C parks is accepting comments for 60 days starting today.

They are also planning open houses in the near future but no dates have been set.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Well I guess so many people showed up at last nights meeting in Pitt Meadows that the fire dept had to close the door. I was unable to attend due to a sick child at home. Was anyone from here able to make it to the meeting and if so how was it.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK guys this is very important to our environment, we need everyones support and attendance tonight in Mission to try and stop this insane project that will wreck the upper Pitt river and other rivers throughout BC. Please, everyone must attend to try and stop this raping and pillaging of BC's rivers. For more information please follow this link and see you there tonight. http://publicpowerbc.ca/public-meeting-on-parks-boundary-adjustment-mission

· Registered
188 Posts
11:36pm and I just got home from the meeting. Holy crap. I can't believe the shite coming out of the proponents mouths or not coming out for that matter. That panel of rapists should be wiped off this planet now !!! Along with the pathetic gov reps. Just like to thank from the bottom of my heart the speakers who stood up and said what needed to be said. The amount of facts pointed out by the public proves who really knows what is going on in B.C. I'll never stop talking about this and will be at every meeting from here on in. Before I go to bed I will pray for very bad things to happen to this company, everyone who works for them and their familys. Very bad things .

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Yamadirt426 said:
Before I go to bed I will pray for very bad things to happen to this company, everyone who works for them and their familys. Very bad things .
Save a space in your prayers for Gordon Campbell and our provincial "liberal" government. Business is going to do what business does- try to make huge profits at any cost. We trust Gord and his buddies to manage the province and it's environment for all of us and future generations. The upper Pitt thing is another example of the terrible environmental record of our current provincial government. Don't hate the business hate the provincial "liberal" government who let business get away with this and many other terribly evil things.

The whole thing makes me sick, thanks to you and everyone else who took the time to make your feelings known.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.