BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
well the regs dont forbid using big hooks and spinning rods so i guess it's legal. wonder how it impacts the fish though? it's a catch and release stream....

Mark my words.. one day that river will be fly only

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sandhead said:
well the regs don't forbid using big hooks and spinning rods so i guess it's legal. wonder how it impacts the fish though? it's a catch and release stream....

Wow way to slam a guy that is sharing an amazing trip. I am sure all fish where released unharmed and what exactly is the difference on the impacts of fish caught with fly gear. It's comments like the ones you make that make people think that fly chuckers are stuck up snobs.

89RS thanks for sharing. I hope to one day make it up there.

·
Registered
694 Posts
89RS thanks for sharing, it is an awsome river, I've been lucky enough to bum a few trips up there. Did you guys boat up the river? It's gotta be one of the coolest river runs going :thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sandhead said:
well the regs dont forbid using big hooks and spinning rods so i guess it's legal. wonder how it impacts the fish though? it's a catch and release stream....

That's bad ??? Why slam a guy for the way he was fishing? Fishing with a lure and spinning gear is just the same as fly chucking. There is nothing special between the two. Both ways are presenting an artificial bait and the fish took it. If there would be any difference would be the way an individual handled a fish. You both hook a fish, play it and release it. Fly fishing does not give you some type of advantage. I do fish with gear, fly and bait if you were to say there is an advantage it would be the guy with bait. Big fly small fly different hooks and fly rods spinning rods bad comparison. :2cents:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not really slamming the guy... I did say nice fish. Which they are..

And I'm willing to bet there is a difference on mortality rates between using a spoon and a fly. But hey the regulations say that way he was fishing is legal so let's let it rest... to each there own eh

·
Registered
452 Posts
I doubt there's a difference from one artificial lure to another - fly to spoon. One of the ideas behind a bait ban, for example, is that fish tend to take bait and swallow it dramatically lowering survival after release. I doubt there's a significant difference among artificial lures whether they be fly, spoon, or jig. From http://www.springerlink.com/content/p58127u76733u42n/, "Mean mortality varied greatly by species and within species, anatomical hooking location was the most important mortality factor. Other significant mortality factors were: use of natural bait, removing hooks from deeply hooked fish, use of J-hooks (vs. circle hooks), deeper depth of capture, warm water temperatures, and extended playing and handling times."

·
Registered
789 Posts
OMG, a good report going down the dumper allready ::)

I just dont understand why someone would even have to slam someone for using a spinning rod and spinner/spoons

If its not bottom bouncing,lets complain about spinning rods and spoons what next ??

Those are some nice fish you got and fished a really nice peice of water, you should be happy with the outcome of your guided trip.

Goodjob !!!

PS: Dont worry about the way you caught those fish its perfectly fine !!!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Great job 89RS!! :thumbup: I wouldn't worry about the keyboard Cammando trying to high jack your post! If he keeps it up he will get a ban! I don't know why some people struggle so much with this, Sandhead, read the rules of posting, you obviously havent. http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php/topic,7050.0.html

Once again 89RS great report and picture and thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice Fish 89ers... Lucky to be enjoying such a beautifull river with this weather...Some people just tend to get their panties in a knot because they dont agree with the way u were fishing.. Or maybe they are jealous because they dont understand that there is an art to fishing spinners and spoons in a flowing river. I have found fly fishing to be easier than fishing with spoons so maybe they are just hating on you because they suck at spoon fishing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.