BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy suggested a possible March trip to the upper arm of the Stave.
Have never fished those waters before so any helpful info will be appreciated.
It is my understanding that there are bows,dollies,cutties,and kokanee in the lake but that the fishing can be spotty.
We were discussing trying the N. end of the lake where we might try fishing the outflows ie. the Stave R., Tingle Cr., Roaring Cr. and any others that may look promising.
Any one that has been up there and had any sucess and could lend a few pointers as to locations, method, species caught anything at all that may be of use we would love to hear it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Fishing at the top end is Great when the fish are biting, I fish near the flood gates 40-50 feet catch kok's go slightly deeper with green plugs for the bigger dollies going after the kok's, tyhe lake right now is very high, easier going with a boat , when the water level drops caution must be used as this lake has many many dead-heads, I've been called to this lake many times. Hope this message get's through, using my laptop on my way to Revelstoke for training,

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've been fishing this lake my whole life, and I agree with roscoe-pco, fishing can be very spotty. I only fished the upper river once, and that was last august. It wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, maybe it was the wrong time of year. I camped overnight and fished both days I was up there and caught only a few small dollies and cuttys. Some of the other streams that flow into the lake have nice pools in the lower sections that hold decent sized trout.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! as previously stated any and all info is helpful and will be considered.
Would March or April be good do you think?
The plan at this point is tentative, and we are also considering the Pitt.
Will just sit by a bit here in the hopes of a bit more feed back and I am sure that as the date draws closer and we draw up a plan we will be asking for more pointers and opinions.

Tight lines to ya!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm! I acctualy expected more reply's on this one so I will just assume that not many have fished the upper Stave or maybe they know something I don't and are up there reelin them in.
Oh well gona go out tomorrow and enjoy the nice weather and explore some local streams for cutty''s and pray for steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts