BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I don't want to buy a Pin rod right now, has anyone considered using a mooching rod for centre pin fishing??

Thought it might be fun to try, as I have a pin reel already.

Let me know your thoughts please

·
Registered
477 Posts
I assume that using a mooching rod wouldn't work too well with a center pin reel. Don't you need the larger rod guides to be able to cast effectively? Most mooching rods only have the regular trolling style guides. That is, they are all the same size top to bottom.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mooching rods work fine with a pin. Some guys will toss them just as far and accurate as a baitcaster.

On the flip side when I am mooching out on the chuck I use CP's. on all of our mooching rods.

There is no hard and fast rules Wookie. Seen guys use spey rods with their cp's as well.

Dont have a pin rod but have a mooching rod I say GO FOR IT!

Bluesteele

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
bluesteele said:
Mooching rods work fine with a pin. Some guys will toss them just as far and accurate as a baitcaster.

On the flip side when I am mooching out on the chuck I use CP's. on all of our mooching rods.

There is no hard and fast rules Wookie. Seen guys use spey rods with their cp's as well.

Dont have a pin rod but have a mooching rod I say GO FOR IT!

Bluesteele
Or spey rods with a toy of a spinning reel that lights up ::) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.