BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think my tidal license decided to stay in Tofino to catch fish without me......little bastard!! :wallbash: I hope he is having fun none the less.

Anyhow....anyone know what I can do on a Saturday aside from buying a new license? Not really all that worried about the ~$30, but was just curious if there is anything I can do or what to do? I don't think a retailer can really do much for me as I am sure there is not a central database they have access to? I am sure there is not a fisheries office that I could go to, and I know there is not one that close to me on the West side. Traffic in Vancouver on a Saturday is bad enough.

Anyhow....thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's important to get a duplicate of your original from the actual store or source you acquired your original from because they do need the information from the original to make the duplicate. They have a record book for the license number and date of purchase with them to keep track, so it might be a little pain in the behind if you go try to get a duplicate from a secondary store that might only send you back to where you got your original in the first place. :beerchug:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I know this reply is a little late, I just got back from a month fishing the west coast. My advice is to buy your licence online from now on. You can print out a couple, then you don't have to worry about losing or forgetting it somewhere. leave a copy in the boat and one in your wallet. BTW I started doing this for my kids because my wife would take them crabbing, then I would take them fishing and she would have their licences. Now I take one and she has one for both the kids. Don't have to worry about not having them with me anymore.

Yes, this could be used by unscrupulous anglers to skirt possession limits. I would never use it for that purpose. In my month on the Island I only kept 2 salmon at China Creek and I didn't keep any Salmon I caught at Bamfield. I release most of the Salmon I catch, however I have been ticketed for forgetting my licence before. I was given a week to produce it so I was not fined. It was a pain doubling back to the district fisheries office to produce it when I was way out in the middle of the bush. Never again, with a copy you shouldn't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
But you can do the same with your original license purchased in the store ( print out as much as you want).
Of course if it's done before................

:cheers:

B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.