BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best bet going to be this weekend guys, that's if your not all done yet yourselves. We should see some good fishing through November. I would love to catch some chum for smoking. Should be some harrison whites comin round too. No one is reporting anything tight lips or something.sounds like good weather and tides this weekend. :cheers:

· Registered
76 Posts
I just talked to a charter Captain that fished English Bay for five hours today (Friday). Just a few shakers and nothing more. The winter feeders are not in yet, though there is always the chance of something roaming around out there. Probably not worth the gas, but if you want a nice day on the water with a (slight) possibility of getting into a fish, go ahead & let us know how you did.

· Banned
228 Posts
Jimbo & Captain DaveTalked to some fishermen who went out Sat. to West Van & Howe Sound but said it was very rough conditions. Like 5 fters or so... & they had a 25ft boat... We went out today Sunday 0ct 20 ? at Sandheads & also 2 miles out from the mouth of the Fraser R 400ft of water... we never seen much on finder. 5 other boats were fishing around Sandheads & talked to one boater at the dock. He said he fished Sandheads but in the shallower water area 60 or 80ft & he said their were plenty of fish on his finder !!! But he tried everything but couldn't get a hit. Another boater who fished there also today said where he fished in a little deeper water there was not much fish but he had a fish on but lose it not far from the boat. But what a great day out todat NO WIND PERFECT TIDE and VERY VERY CALM WATER CONDITIONS !!! That's at Sandheads and the mouth of the Fraser where it can be nasty but not today. Another chap told me he got one chum at a sandbar fishingoff his anchored boat. :peace:

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CD and AB yeah i was out for five hours off the spoil grounds had something on a surface line while i was muckin around with my electric scotty but other than that not a sniff. We did however run through some walls of fish on the sounder out at about 170 -200 ft of water fish showing from 70- 180 ft solid at times but no takers. It was indeed an awsome day on the water, incredible actually.Wonder if there is anything happening around bowen or hut? Need to find some good places for snapper and prawns. Any help? Ps. I was the red D.E Hardtop

· Banned
228 Posts
Jimbo Are you the guy that as at the boat launch where I was rinsing off the Arima boat " Sea Explorer "? If ya are great to have talked with yous ...would of talked longer but was in a hurrey to get home... 7th game between Red Sox vs Tampa ...

· Registered
131 Posts
My buddy said he was out there earlier this week and things have definitely slowed down. Might almost be time to start looking for feeders? What time do you guys find the Cap mouth begins to taper off?

· Registered
139 Posts
I shift my focus to winter springs in the 3rd and 4th weeks of October. There are still some fish to be found at the Cap, but not in the numbers found in late September/early October. While the odd bright fish may be in the mix, I think you are more likely to find darker fish for the most part this time of year.

· Registered
3,928 Posts
There are still a "resilient" few launching at Vanier....I would assume fisherman as not too many people consider "boating" this time of the year. Running by yesterday there were 3 trucks and trailers sitting there.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still believe there is a decent fishery to be had out at T10 and the spoil grounds we just need to put the time in I think a low tide would probably be best. There was about 6- 8 boats out last weekend. Hearing reports of a few chum being caught and boy would I love to get into some of them!!If the weather stays fairly dry for the next little bit we should see some numbers build. Sunday morning would be my only chance this weekend- we'll see. N.ot gonna catch em with no lines in the water. Love too here more reports myself, I know there are some othere die hards out there!! ;D

· Banned
228 Posts
Talked in short with a man & wife today at the boat launch & they got two chums. He said fishing for them is not as good as last year but "they are still out there" as he put it. What great weather & tides we are having in Oct 08... Most days are also low winds.

· Banned
228 Posts
Jimbo hi They were fishing from their boat anchored at a sand bar on the Fraser R. I assume they were casting. Some people will also bar fish from their boat..."still fish"... also with good results at these local bars. This was on Monday when I talked to them at the boat launch at Steveston. They had a heavy duty type of alum. open boat with a 90hp Yamaha jet......"as you know" the best times to fish the bar is when tide is flowing out the same direction as the river current...westward...ebb tide... thus with all the extra flow of the water the chums cohos springs etc...come closer to the shore to try to get in calmer water...Also as tide floods back in to at least 2.5m then there is enough water to easily pull out the boat at launch in Steveston...At a low tide the ramp goes to a 45 degree & it's for the hardy or brave to pull out their boat... well I guess if one has a big truck or SUV it should be ok... We just trolled in the river as we just wanted to make it like a day of boating/fishing/ taking in the outdoors/sun etc... For a higher percentage to land a chum we would of chose to fish the bar. But did see 20 or so fish on finder & fish surfacing at times... But I still have a hunch Sandheads still will produce...Like you say ya just never know what can happen when one puts their lines out... Man today was so nice !!! Barely any wind blue sky & quite warm"Tuesday" ... for those that made it out today they must of had a good time. Mind you in Hawaii it was in the 80's F today!!! But some islands with surf from the NW 15 to 20 fters... Glad I haven't hit anything like that at Sandheads with our 16ft Arima boat!!!! Trying to type this with people talking in the room so I can't concentrate as well so hope this POST makes sense HA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.