BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats Right!!! We're throwin a fishin derby!! Some pals from the Sea Island coast guard base and I want to invite everyone to attend a friendly Vancouver fishing derby on Aug 23 2008. This would be a great opportunity for all the local Saltys to match skills in a Vancouver fish-off to see who will be king of the local water for a year. Might also be fun to meet and greet some of the other fisherfolks on the forum!!!

There will be a $30 dollar entry fee per person which will all be used towards the purchase of the first place and runner up prizes. You can put as many people on your boat as long as its safe. (keep in mind we are fishing with the Coast Guard). We already have a few people entered so let me know if your interested because the more entries we get, the bigger and better the prizes. The derby will start at dawn and end at T-10 in the evening for some cold pops and weigh-in. The prize for biggest fish will be awarded at that time. If anyone is interested you can contact me for info on where to register and what the guidelines are. Hope to see you ALL out there!!!!!

Matt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any chance of an alternative weigh-in at Vanier?
Forecast for Sat is 40% chance of rain, 10km/h winds out of the east.
A lot of guys run smaller boats out of Vanier, and the T10 in wind/rain in the evening might not be best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.