BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd fill you all in on the last two days of fishing. Wed morning found me about 4 miles south of Roger Curtis in three foot swells coming from the east. Two other bats were working the area. I hit an undersize on a army truck spoon around 8:00. The other guys has 2 or 3 undersize...one possibly a keeper all on anchovy. It was rough enough that we packed up and headed to Tunstall around 9:00. The other fellas had a couple more hits then it died. I headed out around 1pm expecting a long trip back to the north arm but to my surprise the "hump" was like glass so I dropped lines and trolled back across for about 2 hours with no success.

Thursday the "hump" was calm and warm. Things were relatively quiet however I did get a 13 pounder on an anchovey and a second hit while I was dealing with that one that got away before I could boat the first. Couple charter guys were out as well but they only got a couple rod waggles. Slow day but gorgeous water.....almost sun screen time....

Of note the stomach of the boated fish was loaded with what I think are Sticklebacks. In any event they were anchovy type looking but only about 2-3 inches in length....I was using small anchovy...

I'm heading up to Howe Sound Monday and Tuesday to see if there is anything around Grace or Defence Islands....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had rods at 80,100 110,130 My hits were all on the deep rod. It's really deep out there like in the 500 ft range so bottom bouncing doesnt really happen....In shallower water even now I like to leave a rod or two near the bottom but I don't get too concerned about changing depths when it gets deeper....A buddy had a couple the other day at 140 feet in 180 feet of water....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u know i haven't been able to get any recent (last couple weeks) info about the Sound. I'm heading up there tomorrow for 3 days and plan to haunt Hutt, Grace, Tunstall, Salmon Rock....maybe even head down to Defence and see what's happening....I was in Tunstall last Wed and saw a couple taken...but pretty slow...Iwill report back on Wed night as to how the Sound is doing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Landed 1 today around 10# at 9:30 of the mile markers, another 1 hour later same spot same size . Then 12 # around 1:30 half way between Point Grey and Atkinson
all at 75 to 85 ft. on #4 Tom Mack , cop car , army truck spoons . Saw 1 other boat .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.