BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Pinks seem to be in the final stages in the Campbell. The Puntledge is virtually in my backyard, but is closed till Oct 1st.

Being a new addict to the river scene on the Island, I need some dope for September, and don't know where to find it!

Where's the good fishing in Sept?

I saw that the Big Qualicum has been open for Coho and Chinook since Jun 16 and Aug 1st respectively. Has anyone been there?

Any help to bridge the gap would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna try some beach casting in Comox. But hoping for some good river action within reasonable driving distance. I'd like to try Qualicum. If I'm reading it right, the Little Qualicum is closed till Oct 1st, but the Big Qualicum is open through September for Chinook and Coho. Only problem is I've never been there, and don't know anything about it. Is it fishable from shore? How is the run in there? Anyone catching anything?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just make sure you check the freshwater regs as well as the freshwater salmon supplement before you fish the Big Qualicum. For example I think the river is fly fish only until October sometime and parts are closed during different times of the year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good catch Family Man! I went and checked, you are right. Fly fishing only in the Big Qualicum Sep 1 till Oct 15. I knew about the section closures, but that one could have gotten me.

I guess I'll consider a road trip to the Stamp or just wait till the 15th and head back up to Campbell. Even till then, the darkened up Pinks are still fun to catch. Especially for the kids. Still tons in there when we went up yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts