BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this report from 2 guides this morning.

They were off the Fraser River mouth this morning and each boat landed 6 springs, and lost at least that amount each. Weights were from 12 to 30 plus on each boat. No word a lie.

Using? Anchovies.

Depths? didn't matter, depths to 85 feet.

Location? South.

The Harrison Whites are IN!

Guess where I'll be fishing tomorrow morning???

·
Registered
18 Posts
local reports

am thinking about taken a day off work this week to hit the chuck one more time . any new reports from anyone

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: local reports

linktank said:
am thinking about taken a day off work this week to hit the chuck one more time . any new reports from anyone
Ummm...unless some fish show up, you may as well take a map, throw a dart at it, and your chances are as good as any.

T10 produced some for me yesterday, West Van is slow, Slow, SLOW (how about 10%) of the fleet getting 5 bites in total?

Bleep.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I caught a 16 lb red spring off the mouth of the Cap this evening, anchovie @ 80 feet in 85 feet off water. Saw no other fish caught. There was a grounded freighter just on the other side of the bridge; it took them quite a while to pull it off with LOTS of tugs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well it's started, the next month or so the Cap Mouth and Van Harbour to the Fraser mouth will be getting better for those bigger springs. Mostly whites, some Reds and the Marbled guys are starting to show. A 46 was taken yesterday, get out there every one, the biggy's have arrived. Anchovies and herring behind a flasher or just on there own are best with spoons and hootchies a close second. Good luck everyone.
HT.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow

High Tide, Thanks for posting. By Van Harbour to the Fraser mouth, I guess you mean as far as the North Arm, not down South further. Is that right.

ps I read in Silver Blue Charters latest that winter feeders were showing around Thrasher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We mainly start to hit the Van area From the Cap mouth to the North Arm, QA, Pt. Grey red can depending on tide fo about the next month. Flood tide is best for the West Van shoreline. The ebb results are usually far less and the combo of wind and tide there is not fun. At times Tango 10, clear to the south arm if nothing is happening in the harbour front. Some big chum are also taken this time of year, they put up a great fight but those bigger springs are the most fun!

Wow feeders already, small roe or milt the tipoff on that one?

Tight lines
HT

·
Registered
116 Posts
unknown winters

Hightide, I dont know how he knows they are feeders. I just read it in the latest section of his web page. click on latest in the left column of...

http://www.silverbluecharters.com/

One fall I brought up a huge Chum off Sandheads that looked like a cow. Big dark cow-like patch markings. Huge mouth. Must have been over 30 pounds. Seemed like it was 4 feet long. Brother in law wouldnt even let me bring it into the boat it was so ugly. Unhooked pretty easily and off it went to graze some more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
high tide said:
Well it's started, the next month or so the Cap Mouth and Van Harbour to the Fraser mouth will be getting better for those bigger springs. Mostly whites, some Reds and the Marbled guys are starting to show. A 46 was taken yesterday, get out there every one, the biggy's have arrived. Anchovies and herring behind a flasher or just on there own are best with spoons and hootchies a close second. Good luck everyone.
HT.
it's a virtual traffic jam off the Cap right now :shock: :shock: . last 4-5 days there has been easily 30-40 boats all jammed in @ ambleside. :shock:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've maybe had more success off the North arm this time of year, buts thats not to say off the South arm even toward the ferry terminal can all provide some great angling for springs, chum and even the odd hatch coho. I guy just has to put in his time in the right place....where is the question. It's like Mark Twain use to say....The Fish are where ya find em ....
Good luck
HT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts