BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D Here is the info for those of you that generously wish to donate to those less fortunate..Most of you know I spend a lot of time on my Roadstar raising money for various charities throughout the year...If you wish to donate a gift or $$$ please pm me and I will arrange for pickup /provide you with an address to mail your donation....You will be formally receipted..............Thanks from the kid's.....Ortho 8)

The Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau provides food vouchers and toys for low income families in Vancouver.

The Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau acts as a central year round toy warehouse for toys to be gathered sorted, stored and shipped to help support the operations of 10 local Christmas bureaus.

*30th Annual *
Vancouver Motorcycle Christmas Toy Run

The Vancouver Motorcycle Christmas Toy Run is an annual event held by the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau. This year the event reaches *30 years* and it is the one of the biggest Christmas events in North America. This event features about seven to ten thousand bikes per year and it should be a great spectacle as the first event for LMCB of this year.

Most needed items
As always we are in great need of items for teens and preteens some suggested items are music gift certificates, cd walkmans, blow dryers, curling irons, make up kits, store gift certs. We as always are heavily stocked with stuffed animals, they have comfort value but little play value, Educational toys are far more important.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Great cause and done this ride a few times myself. It's been awhile since the last time in the early nineties
but there were a couple of thousand riders back then and filled the forum at the PNE.

Maybe get some snaps of the event Ortho, I don't remember any from last year.

Best Wishes

Marko

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
A great cause Ortho, and yours and all the efforts of the others who participate in this is something that gets my respect...Looking for ideas for donations right now...

Everyone here should lend a hand in whatever way they can, Xmas is right around the corner...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This wil be the 8th year I have participated and the 5th year our motorcycle club (Star Touring & Riding )has supported the Bureau.....It is a very large effort on the part of the Christmas Bureau and the toys are distributed to needy families all over the lower mainland.thru a number of Charitable organizations....
The ride itself is always a lot of fun and if you live in the area you can check it out at Coquitlam Center, anywhere along Lougheed Hwy. west of Coq. Center, Port Moody,Hastings Street......
To give you an idea of the number of bikes: When the first bikes arrive at the PNE, the last bikes are leaving Coquitlam Center making a 6-7 mile long continuous train of chrome & leather and people with big hearts, helping the kids......Any support you can muster will be rewarded with some big smiles on Christmas morning from someone you will likely never meet. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.