BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Yama that boat looks similar to the one marko has! It would defenatly be good in the waters around vancouver!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get a call from Jason at BonChovy Fishing Charters. I had posted on another site that I needed a ride to film my KoneZone Daisy Chain for down riggers. On Tuesday He picked me up and took me fishing for a couple of hours early in the AM. The Video was my first so it is a little sketchy as far as quality but it was a big hit for the Boat Show. We headed out to the area West of Lions Gate Bridge and got started. Jason informed me that he had seen the gear but hadn't run them before. The idea was to film the gear in the water and this was accomplished with ease. The winds were around 20-30 Mph and it was raining sideways. Jason said it would probably be rough so I was prepared for that. We had trolled for about 1 hour and after a quick bite that was long line released, we ended up with a double. Mine was a small shaker Winter Chinook and Jason's was a Hatchery fin clipped Chinook Salmon that measured 25 inches. After we dispatched the keeper we headed back and I was promptly dropped off on shore in time for his charter for the day. The report was they hooked and landed another four fish. Apparently the fishing has been pretty good as of late in the area. Thanks Jason for the good time. Mike Hyneman / KoneZone

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yamadirt426 said:
coho_killer said:
Yama that boat looks similar to the one marko has! It would defenatly be good in the waters around vancouver!
Thanks CK. Good to know . I figured it would be ok and i've seen the harbour . I just don't want to go completely blind. Also i'd pick a good day for the first trip.
Yeah, my 16fter did well for me out there.....just remember to get the hell outta dodge if the waves pick up. I've seen some nasty days in our harbour and wouldn't want to be out in a 14fter, thats for sure. Also, depending on where you launch your boat....the tides under the first and second narrows bridges can be trecherous, so be carefull if heading through the narrows!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.