BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I might be heading to this lake in the near future. I'll be fishing from a small boat with an electric on it and was wondering what area of the lake is the most productive for bass fishing. i.e. the N,S,E,W, NE,NW,SE,SW. I want to launch my boat as close as possible to the good fishing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nates

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah,

One more thing, are there any good sized trout in Vaseaux? If there is I'll make sure to bring the fly gear with me aswell.

Tight Lines, Nates

·
Registered
21 Posts
The best bass fishing is (supposedly) around the island at the south end of the lake. There is a boat launch down there beside the houses. It was a bit overgrown last time I went there.

I've also got a few in the heavy weeds on along the north end by the highway.

BTW, unless something has changed - this is a no motor lake. And let me tell you that the locals will let you know (and likely call it in) if they find you using a motor :naughty:. I've had people yell at me even if I'm not using a motor (and making good time) ::)

It can be a bit tricky if the wind comes up, so be prepared for a lot of rowing/paddling.

Let me know how you do - there are lots of big bass in that lake.

Nick

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nick,

I'm not even allowed to use an electric motor in this lake?

I can't see this being the case, if so that is a weak rule. I'll look into the subject in the regs right now.

I am looking forward to tangling with some of these big B.C. bass in the near future.

Tight Lines, Nates

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right Nick, no power boats allowed on this body of water. :'( I don't agree with this rule but I will follow. I really only need the trolling motor more for boat control than anything.

Nates

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree that its a poor rule but last time I talked to a CO about this the response I got was it was easier to see if anyone is using a motor from the shore. In order for them to check gas/electric, they'd have to go out and check each boat.

I've been caught on the far side of vaseux before on a windy day. I'm not a small guy but I can tell you it took 2 of us taking turns rowing to get back to the boat launch.
I think we got skunked that day too!!!! :'(

Good luck with those bass.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.