BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Ved today
fished allison and on about my fifth cast float stops and lays flat :confused:
i think i am hooked on a rock so i lift the rod and wham fish jumps out of the water
Spits my hook :wallbash:
i was all of 2-3lb spring yes spring not a Sock
Then i moved up and down river all day to no avail 8)
seen lots of socks jumping, rising, flipping etc
As i was walking down a stretch of water i noticed all these guys (see pic)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm a birder and I'm noticing more and more Turkey Vultures all the time. I'm not sure if it's climate change or just a species adjusting to a more urban lifestyle, but we're all going to be seeing those bald-headed fellas around all the time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Those things scare the crap outta me lol. I saw my 1st one last year ever in the Fraser Valley feading on a dead sockeye on the Vedder. Didnt even know it was there until I was like 3 feet away and the thing sqwaked at me and flaped it's wings. I couldn't beleive it, didnt even knew they lived here until last year. Yes you are right though, I have noticed a lot more of them around recently, even saw a few flying around above me this Steelhead season.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your lucky to have gotten within 3 feet of a turkey vulture.. They are usually a pretty cagey bird, They have made a huge come back on the Coast' here.. Have got some pretty sweet close up pics of them feesting on Wolf kills.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I hit a couple of fiish on Friday.First time out for Reds this year, I managed to take this one home for the BB-Q .My buddy had succes Friday Saturday and Sunday.Sunday's fish was pushing 30lbs.chrome and sea lice!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.