BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well decided to try my luck again hoping the water was not to dirty
Got to Timmys at 7am as i needed roe from the tackle store nextdoor
Hit the river arround 7.50am
Just as i was getting my gear out a guy stopped his truck to inform me that were i was heading was dead as he had been there since 6am and did not see a fish and had no takers
i decided to try any way and sure enough the first run nothing was showing (1ft visability)
so i moved down river to a nice run (no one else there)
as i was baiting up i noticed a splash just down from me so i est my float off down towards this area and down goes the float
fish on
nice jack spring arround 3lb
i released it to fight another day
lots of fish starting to splash all through the run
including some nice chrome cohos that were so close in to the shore line (my side) that it was impossible to fish for them
well even with all the fish moving arround i had no more hook ups
I think two more days with no rain and the clarity will be good (not too clear, not too mirky)
I only seen one other guy where i was
Weather was great sun and clouds
wish i had a net on a pole today so many floats passing by me
I have never fished this run before and only found out today how to access it (sorry not giving this one away) :naughty:

· Registered
501 Posts
Good to hear you got into some fish Britguy,you are lucky to be able to fish weekdays,hope to fish with you one day in the future.
Good luck :thumbup:

· Registered
146 Posts
Today was pretty good down at Giesbrect/Lickman. Visibility was about 2 feet where I was and the current wasn't too swift. Saw a couple of Coho taken on either side of the river and an old guy who was nailing 'em (3 hit, 3 lost) with a plain old silver Colorado under a float. I was pleasantly surprised to hook up with a pair of Jacks on the fly road. Outmatched with the 8 weight; but better them than me. Overall I would say it was a good day to skip out on work. Cheers!

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hope to fish with you one day in the future.
any time :thumbup:
you can teach me how to fish blades
I seen some mighty big spring jumping yesterday and lots of small jacks
i tried blades but had no luck
one guy i spoke to said all he used was blades and he got into 20+ fish in one day :hmmm:

· Registered
374 Posts
On the North Island, I got coho every year on blades/spinners. But we used no bobber, we just casted, let sink, and retrieved slowly. We smacked a northern hook-nosed beast almost every time! These guys were averaging about 10-15 pounds and we used light line...what a rush! :thumbup:

Down here, I don't seem to have luck on the spinners with salmon. I must be doing it wrong here. :wallbash:

But hey, it's all good! :happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.