BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the ved sun up till bout 3 ish, one wild to the beach, one lost after a somewhat brief fight,
not one of my best days. Sweetbubbalove also got one to the beach, two lost, surprised he didn't get into more,
He was in the zone!!!!! Watched a guy land a nice approx 13 lb hatch downriver, real [email protected]
See pics below, eye candy for us forum surfers......
Haven't fished the lower river for about 5-6 yrs, was in a derby today with the boilermakers,
so figured my best chance for a hatch would have to be downstream,
but go figure the winner came from above allison!!!!! Hahahahah :lol: :lol:
fyi it was a nice 11 lb doe....all in all a pretty good day despite the lack o fish....
Anyway,I have a date with a beer and a macallan,
hope you're all hitting tons of fish, and wondering where the crowds have gone! :D :D :twisted:
Here are some picks....

unknown guy with nice hatchery

me with sweetbubbalove's little scrapper

and last and definitely least, my cute little tiny steelhead!!!! Hard to believe there's even a fish there,
look closely and you should see it eventually.....thx bubba :D

[/img]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice

wow, nice one rib. i keep seeing all these pics of the ved & am so excited to try & fish there.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well don't get me wrong there scott, although it's prob your best chance at a hook up initially, and as far as sheer numbers go it has the largest run around the LM, but it's not all it's cracked up to be.....I had a headache today by the end of the day trying to avoid the crowds, I posted a couple days ago how weekdays aren't that bad, well today was a zoo!!!!!
Soon I will revisit some flows I am very fond of that grant me the leisure of a river to myself, (most of the time) and once you deal with the crowds of a busy vedder afternoon scott you will know precisely what I mean!~!!! But this year seems to be a stellar year for the vedder, and I am sure you will find your own favorite spots.....
let us know how it goes,
rib

·
Registered
283 Posts
wow

Holy!!! is it really that busy there.. wow . i kinda hate that when its nuts like that.. i didnt think it was that popular. I found this spot just under the dam just before whistler ( i dont know the area very well) But the first few times nobody was there & i fig everyone was to scared to break there neck climbing down the massive embankment. or get sucked below the falls. ( that would kill ya for sure.lol) but when we came back 3 weeks later there were 6 guys there. i couldnt beleave it. i guess word travels fast in this area..lol.. BUT im still on the hunt for the perfect spot. Mabey someday..lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
nice fish ribwart :D . man the vedder seems to be on fire since he beginning of the week. 8) 8)

·
Registered
56 Posts
a day i will never never forget!!

Fished a section on the upper river on my monday and i gotta tell you guys i was IN THE ZONE!!! I hooked (no word of a lie)
13 WILD steelies. :D Can you believe it!! none of them were hatchery, not even 1!! I couldn't believe the day i was having. The few guys that were fishin the same stretch of water were a little, how do you say, angry, jealous, ready to throw me in, lol. The day ended around 4 only because my last spoon had broke off and nothin else seemed to be workin as good. The hot times seem to be around 9 - 11 and again between 1 -3. Is there and hatchery fish out there :lol: I'll post some pics when i figure out how. Oh ya, by the afternoon i jumped up to 15lb florocarbon maxima leader and that seem to do the trick on gettin them to the beach. All were tailed very gently and released quickly .
A day i will probably never have again

Tight lines guys!!
James

·
Registered
283 Posts
any secrets?

Geez james any secrets ya may want to pass along.. i am going to fish the veder for my first time ( hopfully soon..lol) & am looking for what to use.. i dont know how to fly fish yet so i'll be using a reg pole.. can ya share any secrets... ya can even pm me if ya dont want others to hear,...lol...

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Schlock, I shouldn't rag on the ved, it's a great little river, especially for maintaining such good runs under so much pressure.....I hate to be negative, I think I'm just getting a little "crowd happy" after the other day.....so don't let me getting a little punchy discourage you, she's a great little river with lots to explore and I'm sure you'll get fish too, and you can find those moments of solitude when it seems there's nobody there but you and a nice little run....that's the reward. :D
rib

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice report rib'........Glad to see there is still some action in the ved/chilli..Thanks for posting the pics. The unknown fisher with the hatch doe is in my favourite spot!.... Ortho

·
Registered
283 Posts
sounds great

Hey i understand being a little angry when yer standing shoulder 2 shoulder with the guy next to ya & all he seems to do is catch yer line every time he casts.yea i can understand....lol... But im still very excited to try the veder & cant wait. I hope i can go when they have the fish out.. mabey i'll actualy learn how to fish...lol....
scott

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
fished upper river today......landed my biggest fish of the year( wild of course)....better than 15 lb....what a battle.....lost two more

anyone ever hear of a wolf in these mountains......could not believe my eyes .....just before dark just passed allison

·
Registered
901 Posts
Fished upper and lower today not a sniff
water had some colour to it but is very low
I tried shrimp,sinle egg,roe,rubber worm and spinner :?
heard of a few caught
we need some rain or melting snow :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
nocoho said:
anyone ever hear of a wolf in these mountains......could not believe my eyes .....just before dark just passed allison
:shock: It's not likely, but I would not be surprised. Stranger things have happened. Sure it wasn't a large coyote? I have seen huge coyotes in that area...

Congrats on the big wild steelie. :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
got blanked today for the first time in quite a while.......two guys fishing the run below me and saw them nail at least a dozen......fish must have really been stacked in there.......fished the run above and below them but to no avail.....nice day anyway

1 - 18 of 18 Posts