BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all this rain and the water graph for the river going up I was just wondering what the condition of the river is. This can also be a thread that gets updated threw out the season to help those plan their trip out there or not. I know on another site they did this and it was really helpful to those that do not live near the river or are able to get out much.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I tip toed out of the house with the double hander this morning for a few hours. ;D The gauge @ Selesse read .08. Which only bumped the level up a little. Dispite the constant rain, the water was in prime shape with easily 2ft. vis. where I was. Although if it keeps coming down in buckets, that won't last much longer.

Finder ;)

G

·
Fish Finder said:
I tip toed out of the house with the double hander this morning for a few hours. ;D The gauge @ Selesse read .08. Which only bumped the level up a little. Dispite the constant rain, the water was in prime shape with easily 2ft. vis. where I was. Although if it keeps coming down in buckets, that won't last much longer.

Finder ;)
I was out for a few hours, and the river was nice, but its been pouring out for a while now, by tomorrow i think it will be ugly. Now have a Rain Fall Warnning issued for the lower mainland

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have noticed if it rains in Vancouver, Fraser Valley area it doesn't always mean the rain clouds get over the mountain range behind Cultas lake to be much of an influance on the Vedder feeder creeks so the river level dosn't rise as much as one would think. Some of the Vedder weather comes up from from the south.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
searun17 said:
I was more concerned with how much silt from the clay banks came down , after the amount of rain we had over night i thought there was going to be very poor visibility.
Oh come on now tell the truth. you where more concerned with getting your bald head wet :happy: :happy: .

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
searun17 said:
I was more concerned with how much silt from the clay banks came down , after the amount of rain we had over night i thought there was going to be very poor visibility.
I was thinking the same thing. I knew the river hadn't jumped a whole lot, but I was skeptical on what the clarity would be like. I was pleasantly suprised. :cheers: Hopefully the clay banks will play a minimal role in the conditions this fall. :confused:

Finder ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
marko said:
Right now the Vedder is one of the few rivers that is not blown out but I've got a feeling

that is going to change soon.....Marko
I sure hope not as I have a mental health day coming up lol . But hey my local flow opens tomorrow and it is usually fishable when most rivers are not.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
flyguy said:
marko said:
Right now the Vedder is one of the few rivers that is not blown out but I've got a feeling

that is going to change soon.....Marko
I sure hope not as I have a mental health day coming up lol . But hey my local flow opens tomorrow and it is usually fishable when most rivers are not.
Actually I heard that one is up too..... :eek: Fair amount of rain today and allot more forecasted.

But thats allright, more rain = more elbow room for both hunter and hunted..... :beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was there all day today, river has come up (which is fine by me), visablity was still ok when we left...despite the rain it was pretty busy out there still...man are there allot of fish guts laying around...Before anyone bitches about that, it's great for the river so at least that is one positive...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
people should throw their guts in the water. i dont only if im trying to feed some gulls so they leave my fish alone. i hate going back to my fish tied under water in the current and find it has no eyes or like my buddy went back to only half a fish :eek: ha ha damn seagulls !!! at least they ate his pink and not his Jack spring

HOOK

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a mesh that the tackle shops sell that comes in different colors. Fill the mesh until it makes a nice cluster the size of a nickle(low water) to the size of a quarter(high water) you then tie it off with spider thread. some people even go as big as a loonie.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.