BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out last Friday and the week before practicing spey casting . last friday tried four spots on the river Kieth wilson had about 9'' vis . Heard of 2 fish caught in my travels
Stopped to try a new spot and a truck with a bc fishing report decal was parked . Ended up fishing a nice stream with Bergler and Fish Finder . Nice to see Bergler fishing a skadgit set up casting with nice tight loops ( unlike my not so tight loops ) and Fish Finder fishing with a fly rod but still getting it out there .
I managed to hook into a nice fish in front of Bergler . Fought it for about a minute With Bergler and Fish Finder reeling in and coming to the bank which was nice to see as some guys will fish on right in front of you. The hook came out but it was nice to have a fish on
Tried fishing the spey rod without a lead leader and it was a lot easier but no way was I going to catch fish with the set up . So back to the 10' lead leader which makes it harder . Have been watching the Rio DVD and it is helping me But most of the fishing is with a floating line . Going out tomorrow to try again

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Hey Speyman2, it was nice to meet you on the water! Thanks for being so nice to me! ;D Didn't you mean behind me? :) You are a true gentleman and would love to get out with on the water another day! Send me a PM if you are heading out one day by your self!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.