BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided today to hit the river despite what recent rainfalls. Conditions were great as far as color went, unfortunately, my inexperience on your local flow, left me scratching my head many times, while searching for steel.

I have only fished the river for springs a handful of times, and haven't familiarized myself enough to know where to go. I literally had no idea where to go so I pretty much did a rock paper scissors with myself and chose a pull off, and started fishing and walking. It was a great day even though I came up skunked, but got to see a stretch of water I have never seen before. I'm sure this area looks familiar to many of you. (I am putting my new camera to some good use now :thumbup: )

I also had a great opportunity to try out the new camera for some underwater shots. I came upon a few fish in a small side channel and thought I would see how this camera did. The fish were probably about 6-8 feet away from the bank, so I held the camera down in the water, point and shoot....

Couple of fish that have seen better days, but definitely on their way to the recycler...

sorry not a bright shiny chrome fish for the pic, but I was just impressed at how this camera worked so I had to share. ;)

O well, maybe next time I will be blessed with an opportunity that so many of you have shared about on this river. For now, I will have to chalk it up to a great day of trying to learn one of your local flows.

Thrasher

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Where is it you are from again thrasher? Looks like you had i nice senic day none the less! Nice shots bud!

CK

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Ya that first one looks awfully famillular eh CK. Nice lookin water Thrasher. Just a matter of time
now for the squaretails. Lots of river with many great places.

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
That first pic is now on my top 5 spots to fish on the vedder after the coho we caught there i mean hooked! That spot is kinda cool to hike to through all the garbage we seen there ehh Marko! I'll post the pictures up of our journey when the wife gets home! she does all the copying pic's ect!!!! :beerchug:

CK

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nice Pics Thrasher. What kind of camera is that?
Steelie Trav - sweeeet fish. Well-done. Let the fish do the talking in your memory and not the grumpy old guy. I've had the same problem.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You were in the right area, just a matter of finding them this time of year. Nice underwater pics. Like Rib said just hook up with some of us locals and we will help out with the learning curve. Learn the river now and in a month when the fish are thick you will be in good shape.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
testo84 said:
did you meet 3 fellow fishermen 1 old and 1 teen and 1 kid ? the asian teen is me and the kid is coho cody
no I did not. As I was moving down from Borden, an older gentleman showed up that was tossing a CP just above me. I did see a few people just up from the creek a little ways. Perhaps that was you?

Hopefully you all had a good time out there. conditions were great! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.