BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water 3' vis and low .The rains did nothing to the level . Tried with the float again . Used split shot small float 6' length 8lb test . The fish were jumping all over my line . A few fish run out of the water touched me and ran back in as a dare . Did not touch a fish for a few hours . Then I put away the bait rod and brought out the spey 15' lead plus a wieghted fly . First cast fish on ,nice chrome which broke the line . Next cast fish on ,broke the line . Changed to 12lb . next cast fish on broke that line . Then the bite cooled . All day 6 fish on but none to the beach . Still think that the wool has to have scent on it when you fish with the bait rod . Tried a bought scent but it did not work

· Registered
1,461 Posts
speyman2 you said you used 6' of 8lb test line. Is that your leader for your bait cast setup? In water with about 3' of vis I use 10lb leader and its about 18". With 6' of leader line your presentation could be directly beside your weight and be getting bites like crazy, but you will never know unless the fish moves your presentation 6' and picks up all the slack in your leader line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.