BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the river first time with my fishing buddy, after I changed my wader. my buddy asked me, "where is your fishing rod?" "shoot!" I left it outside my door.

tried some fly fishing with my buddy's rod at railway bridge. water is high and fast. every fast. No reaction. one of the other guy already there told me that his car just been broken into.

All the way up till the fishing border , stop and asked and there is no action at all until the border . there are a couple in there RV told me they hooked into a sockeye and release it early that day and that is it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hey unclesam. That unlucky guy was me. I heard the alarm going off - and it took about 3 mins for me to reach my car to find it broken-in! Nothing was stolen. I left nothing of value in view, but that didn't work. Just made the police and ICBC report....

So - were you the guy asking me about the Loomis rod - or the other guy? Good to meet you. Yes - fishing was slow. Saw the odd sockeye down low. Up top, just a few springs and the odd sockeye again. Had one fish on and lost it. That was it. Water is high - and fast. Nice day to be out - except for my car. It's the second time in 7 years my car has been broken into on that river. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am the other guy. The guy asked for your rod is my honda dealership colleague who has been fishing for 15 years. He likes to show off a lot but a every nice guy. He spend tons of money to all kind of gears . I wish but without my wife's approval. We be there again next Tuesday with the whole family because I think allison pool is a good place for family event , fishing for me though. I will bring my rod next time :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hey uncle sam, i was thinking of heading up tomorrow to chuck some flies but after reading your post thinking it might be to high for that....what is your take on flyfishing right now

thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
We were out yesterday as well.Tried the canal then when to the train trestle and then onto to Tamahi where we finally hooked into a spring of about 15 lbs or so.Nice out though not too hot and not too busy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts