BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what a great day to be on the river yesterday, weather was incredible and we only came across 3 other fisherman all day

lots of activity and as bent rod said not typical to see all this chrome.......my buddy lost one that was a chrome bullet, one that was somewhat colored up and released one almost chrome hatch about 7 lb(no pic).......i released one hatch very nice size and kept one beauty about 12 lbs and lost one other......3 other hits between us for the day that did not stick

and now for something completely different......around 4:30 i noticed some movement underneath this rock so i moved the rock and there were all these fry coming up from the sand ( now the spot is about 8 feet from the water).....well we started putting them in the river and more and more kept coming up......we must have put a hundred of these little guys in the river before it stopped.....never seen anything like it before.....one guy came into the run as we were doing this and lent us a hand and said he had never seen this before either but was pretty sure they were pink fry....wild.....as we were finished fishing for the day i told him where i had the just nailed the hatch i kept and second cast he nails a beaut but lost it......eventful day

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep the water table is still okay under the gravel, so they come up and attempt to leave the redd...

Unfortunatley there will be a few lost this year due to the lower water, I've already seen a few dead ones...

Cheers,
Nicole

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thats excellent that you were there to get those fry to the water - I would have loved to have seen that - excellent day nocoho!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
great day out there for your group. good on ya putting in those little ones. i would have been turning rocks over everywhere trying to find more to save :thumbup: especially if i had already bonked my fish (boredom) its really sad we have such low water for these fry trying to get out because most of the water pinks tend to spawn in is now shore :'( we need some rain and HOT weather to bring up that water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.