BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at the weather forecast last night, and decided that it looked like a day to fish, as opposed to work. Left the house at 5am, in the pouring rain. Rained hard till Abbotsford, then it almost stopped. My first choice to fish just happens to be the only place with vehicles. Oh well, there's lots of river to fish today. Headed up river, just above Tamahi. Spent about 45 minutes in the light rain, to no avail. Moved up river, no cars at Alison, that's a first, but headed up to Borden instead. Nothing doing there, so drove back down river. Still no one at Allison, so I decide to stop. I've never fished there, but the sun is shining, and it looks pretty inviting. I climb down the moss covered rocks, carefully, don't want to scare the fish by diving in head first! ;D Spent 30 minutes dragging some of Klath-Bay's famous roe through the pools, but no love. Decided that it might be fun to toss a spoon through a for a while. About 5 minutes in, I see a couple of fish surface, within a couple of feet of my Ironhead, but they're not going for it. Well, after a full season on the Vedder, without a single fish, I'm not going anywhere. I head to my bag of tricks, and reach for a single egg, with a little white wool, nah, it's JIG time. Well I guess that I don't have to tell you what happened next. Third cast, float down hard, fish on, and the battle begins. She's out of the water, 3 feet in the air,catching every ray of sunlight. A couple more leaps, and a few quick runs, and I tail her at the beach. She lays there like she's done this before, waits to be set free,while I take a couple of pix and is gone in a flash, without a moment's hesitation. Decide to head downriver to another spot that I fished last week. There's nobody around ;D , so I fish down the run to the tailout. Nothing going on, so I hit the next pool, and tie on one of Rod's jigs, the one with the 1/2 worm for good measure. 1/2 dozen casts and probably the hardest takedown I've ever had. Wicked headshakes and a run to the fast water. Played it for ten minutes, in and out of the current, and finally swung it toward shore. Was feeling a little cocky by now, so as I brought the fish in, I reached for the zipper, to get the camera. Whoops, one little slack line, a headshake, and it's the long line release. Couldn't tell if it was hatch or wild, but it was in the 12 to 14 lb. range, and probably just as well that I didn't land it, as I would have hated to stop fishing before noon. Fished until 3:30, then back home. Just an absolutely phenomenal way to break the slump, and end the season. :beerchug:

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, ffm, as soon as I find someone to tutor me, I'm all over it. At least if it stays cool, the river will be in great shape. Anyone out there want to trade flyfishing lessons for cooking lessons... ;D

· Registered
876 Posts
Hey man great job today.... I went and missed 3 :mad: I kept getting quick takedowns that i wasn't ready for (gotta watch my float more :wallbash:) Where were you fishing at the end of the day?... I was fishing by the Vedder Crossing.... hopefully tomorrow will be good as well. Maybe Ill try to bring out the 6wt and see if I can land a fish without snapping it lol. Only 2 more days....

· Registered
1,519 Posts
ogobogo said:
well, ffm, as soon as I find someone to tutor me, I'm all over it. At least if it stays cool, the river will be in great shape. Anyone out there want to trade flyfishing lessons for cooking lessons... ;D

You mean you'll come and teach my wife to cook. I'm all over it. First you get a fly rod and the apropriate flies and start swinging. ;D

Hotrod :cheers:

Nice report by the way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.