BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing from 5.45am until 12.30pm today. From mid-low river up to slesse creek. I just had a couple of bites, that's all. There were few people at slesse creeek and someone else few km down from there. No one seems to have caught anything.
The water was extremely clear, and level was low everywhere. Is it only my feeling or is it true that the water level is much lower that last year at this time?

Giuseppe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flyguy said:
Well just check this site and you can find out the water levels.

It is a bit higher this year.
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp
I knew about this webpage, but thanks flyguy. I am not sure what to make of it. What I know is that in some places where I was fishing by the last week of august last year, today there were rocks and I was walking there. I am talking about spots near the cabins on Wilson road.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The problem with going by the water on the rocks from one year to the next is that the river changes so much. They have also done alot of work on that area this summer. In fact they have just put alot of new rocks on the **** right by those cabins in the last 2 weeks. The more you fish that river the more you will see it change. The runs that are there one year will be gone the next. I think the only area that does not change much is from the concrete slab up, which is not a big area. The rest of the river changes alot. The first big rain and flood conditions changes everything.

·
Registered
917 Posts
flyguy said:
Also thanks for the report. You must of been cooking out there.

Also I thought that the area by Slesse creek was closed.
It is. Was there last weekend and checked out the upper river. The boundary markers (white triangles) are located a few hundred yards downstream of the limit hole. They are a bit hard to see as there is some bush in the area. Not sure if that matters as people still fish the limit hole anyway. Tried to call DFO only to discover that there's no cell phone coverage...of course! Fish are getting quite dark now, but managed to take home a nice 15 lb buck...lucky me! :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flyguy said:
Also thanks for the report. You must of been cooking out there.

Also I thought that the area by Slesse creek was closed.
It was hot but not too bad.

Regarding Slesse Kreek being closed or open: it is is closed, yes. The point I was talking about is actually (I can't remember exactly ) I would say 200 or 300 meters from there. Definitely it was open to fishing since it was below the white triangle sign.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I hope they close it because of what myself and other members witnessed at the middle of July. It was bloody disgusting to see what we saw. Ck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.