BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad and i hit the river yesterday. We decided to drive up and see exactly where the boundary hathd been moved to. all the pocket water below limit hole is still open to fishing. well when we got to the limit hole there was 2cars so we walked down to let the people fishing there that the no fishing had been moved and there was infact 3people fishing! :naughty: they left after we let them know it had been moved and showed them where the new signs were. i can say that DFO didnt do a good job of making them very visible though, the sign on the opposite side is basically behind a small tree and hard to spot unless your looking for it. when we turned to leave we were joined by a small buck that was maybe 15feet away and just stood there looking at us for a few seconds before slowly walking away, it didnt seemed surprised by us at all and i managed to get a picture of it.

ok well here is the report. where we fished i had 3 solid hookups which turned into lost fish :wallbash: one was very clean for this time of year as i had it almost in before losing it. lots of other hit and misses by both of us. I guess we were just losing the touch that day because we were missing so many hits by being just to slow ::) guy that was there before us had 2 landed/released before we showed up and lost 2 more then finally bonked one then left. 2 more guys showed up and hit a bunch with the old flossing with a float technique through the tailout-ish area of the run. thats the report not great but at least fish were there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
HOOK said:
my dad and i hit the river yesterday. We decided to drive up and see exactly where the boundary hathd been moved to. all the pocket water below limit hole is still open to fishing. well when we got to the limit hole there was 2cars so we walked down to let the people fishing there that the no fishing had been moved and there was infact 3people fishing! :naughty: they left after we let them know it had been moved and showed them where the new signs were. i can say that DFO didnt do a good job of making them very visible though, the sign on the opposite side is basically behind a small tree and hard to spot unless your looking for it. when we turned to leave we were joined by a small buck that was maybe 15feet away and just stood there looking at us for a few seconds before slowly walking away, it didnt seemed surprised by us at all and i managed to get a picture of it.

ok well here is the report. where we fished i had 3 solid hookups which turned into lost fish :wallbash: one was very clean for this time of year as i had it almost in before losing it. lots of other hit and misses by both of us. I guess we were just losing the touch that day because we were missing so many hits by being just to slow ::) guy that was there before us had 2 landed/released before we showed up and lost 2 more then finally bonked one then left. 2 more guys showed up and hit a bunch with the old flossing with a float technique through the tailout-ish area of the run. thats the report not great but at least fish were there.
Thanks Hook. Did you move the sign?

Giuseppe

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moved which sign? they had a couple notices (paper) nailed to the trees where you walk into the Limit Hole but using only one nail in the middle they fold over themselves and people ignore them apparently :naughty: We showed one of the people the paper notice when he/she was walking out and they said they couldnt see it in the dark when they came in :confused: they even said they had checked DFO site for reg changes but i guess didnt see that the triangles had been moved downriver :beerchug: they all seemes greatful that we let them know and werent choked or anything, i wouldnt have been mad either if someone helped me dodge a good sized fine and/or having my gear confiscated. I mean we could have just called someone instead but we arent a**holes when on the river.

have fun out there ;D

·
Registered
517 Posts
HOOK said:
moved which sign? they had a couple notices (paper) nailed to the trees where you walk into the Limit Hole but using only one nail in the middle they fold over themselves and people ignore them apparently :naughty: We showed one of the people the paper notice when he/she was walking out and they said they couldnt see it in the dark when they came in :confused: they even said they had checked DFO site for reg changes but i guess didnt see that the triangles had been moved downriver :beerchug: they all seemes greatful that we let them know and werent choked or anything, i wouldnt have been mad either if someone helped me dodge a good sized fine and/or having my gear confiscated. I mean we could have just called someone instead but we arent a**holes when on the river.

have fun out there ;D
wow. I thought ti was a board as well.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured that they hadnt checked or havent checked recently enough to have seen the change. and you would think they would put up a board similar to what is by the Chehalis hatchery parking lot. would be ALOT easier to see or at least post it out where the cars park or by each of the 2 spots where people walk down. not to much thinking put into where to post up notification thats for sure.

Shane even if they tried to fool us they left so it still worked now didnt it :cheers:

·
Registered
901 Posts
nice work Hook
helping others
it will come back to you in a good way
I am heading out there in the morning :thumbup:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Good to see that upon being informed of the reg changes, they chose to follow them instead of giving the typical and dreaded narrow minded reaction...

Good on you for pointing that out Hook...

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.