BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wondering what's happening to the springs and sockeyes in the vedder. I went there today from 6am until 12.30pm, and I didn't see any single splash. I tried several places, but was not able to see anything.

Was this just a bad day for me?

Giuseppe

· Banned
2,854 Posts
when i was there on the 5th i didnt see any socks either, i think they have all passed through which leaves just the nookies around ;D how high up were you? We were around Borden Ck. area and there was fishing rolling and jumping the whole time we were there.

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kotyk said:
I was up last night snooping around from the Limit hole down to Tamahi. Saw absolutely nothing except 1 deer. Maybe I need better glasses :-\
I started from the cabins and then I moved up up and up... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! I am afraid we have to wait for the Cohos!!!
It was a beautiful day though.

Giuseppe

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Giuseppe said:
rieber said:
What do you mean - "wait for Cohos".

are you waiting for the mass of Coho's or the start of Coho's? Cuz one of those is here already. ;D
of course the mass! it is the only time I can catch one! :happy:
Well the masses dies out years ago. Now you just get a school here and there. Nothing like years ago :'(

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Hey Guiseppe...keep in mind those fish have a purpose, a mission, or a destination, if you will...they are going somewhere...why...? To spawn...There's a lot of river above the fishing boundary that is there for a good reason...

For our intents and purposes, and within our boundaries, you're going to see less and less socks, if any at all for that matter, and the springs that will still be around will be colored up and getting down to business now...

Target those hoes Reiber mentions...there are fish around every year that the majority of the sportfishing community only spread rumors about...

:cheers:

· Registered
265 Posts
Last year was the best year for Coho in a long time. I had my best year ever. one morning a buddy and I landed 25. Also last year I hook a Spring on Sept 28th weekend and when I got it to the beach discovered it was a Red. Yes, not marble but totally orange meat and clean also. Belly white as could be. Couldn't believe it so if you get lucky they are around.

Cheers, Rob

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marsman said:
Last year was the best year for Coho in a long time. I had my best year ever. one morning a buddy and I landed 25. Also last year I hook a Spring on Sept 28th weekend and when I got it to the beach discovered it was a Red. Yes, not marble but totally orange meat and clean also. Belly white as could be. Couldn't believe it so if you get lucky they are around.

Cheers, Rob
Hey Rob, do you mind to explain to me what people mean when they say "clean"? thanks

Giuseppe

· Registered
81 Posts
October 7-15 give or take a few day always has a very small push of bright 20# Reds that run through. I thought this was coinsidence but my records show me picking up a few Reds every year that week. Those that know where I usually fish will know exactly where I get them.

My first Red was on the Vedder that week so many years ago.

· Registered
265 Posts
Giuseppe said:
Marsman said:

Cheers, Rob
Hey Rob, do you mind to explain to me what people mean when they say "clean"? thanks

Giuseppe
Clean can mean a little different to individual people. To me clean is still partial chrome, white belly and firm. A Chromer is a bright fish only in the river for a couple of days and looks to be right out of the ocean.
Cheers

· Registered
917 Posts
My recommendation is to leave the fish alone unless you've made the decision to retain the fish irregardless of it being a red or white. Poking around the gills is not good for the fish. Generally, whites have a much stronger odour and turn greyish/green. If I land a chrome bullet in the fall, I assume it's a ****** and release it (the last chrome bullet white I retained was back in 2001 - I found the meat to be not that great...not sure if all whites are like that or not???). Chrome bullets make for excellent photos though! Pretty tough to do if you're by yourself, but I like the photo shots of the fish's head under the water... ;).

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Marsman said:
Giuseppe said:
Marsman said:

Cheers, Rob

Giuseppe
Clean can mean a little different to individual people. To me clean is still partial chrome, white belly and firm. A Chromer is a bright fish only in the river for a couple of days and looks to be right out of the ocean.
Cheers
so, it basically refers to the deterioration of the fish?

Giuseppe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.