BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after taking a nap from fishing the cap this morning the kids asked if they could go fishing,so of course i say yep...packed the truck and off we went arrived at the
lower end around 5ish set up the trout rods for all four kids and away they went, seen some jumpers and they weren't trout but i could only imagine as i left my gear at home.
About 2mins later one of the girls hits a small trout and brings it in we unhooked it and away it went,a couple of mins later yamadrifter hits a mountain white fish about 1-1.5lbs fairly nice and let go after that it was slow for us until around 7pm when the boy finally hits his first fish and man the look on his face was priceless,then all the girls got into them as well ,all in all was an excellent afternoon all the kids managed to land at least one trout and we landed 3 of these mountain white fish.
Water was lower than last week since i was there and had 2-3' of visability in the lower.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Mountain Whitefish is a member of the salmonid family and you can find them in most rivers and streams that have salmon and trout. They are decent eating, but they are very bony. The nice thing is that the are crazy fighters and will readily take any lure the imitates fry or eggs. They've saved the day a number of times for me when the cutties were MIA.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roughingminor said:
The Mountain Whitefish is a member of the salmonid family and you can find them in most rivers and streams that have salmon and trout. They are decent eating, but they are very bony. The nice thing is that the are crazy fighters and will readily take any lure the imitates fry or eggs. They've saved the day a number of times for me when the cutties were MIA.

thanks for the info :thumbup: and man your rite about the fight ;D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Roughingminor said:

thanks a lot for the image. I appreciated that.

Giuseppe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.