BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many guys here fished the Vedder back in the day when you could drive from the crossing up to Tamihi on the back road? It's been washed out for a long time now but I was thinking about the "good old" days when you could do that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
are you talking about the route from sweltzer creek up through the property at the end of the Tamihi forest service road or the run from the end of sleepy hollow over to tamihi?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I remember being able to get down to the back side of ways field, but the rest of the road was gone...

I guess that was before my time :)

Cheers,
Nicole

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cascademarine said:
are you talking about the route from sweltzer creek up through the property at the end of the Tamihi forest service road or the run from the end of sleepy hollow over to tamihi?
the road that went from Sweltzer in front of the IR, past tyhe old grenade range,Liumchin creek, Schoolhouse run that ended up at Tamihi.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That wasn't that long ago.........I remember heading up the road when the Chilliwack army camp was having a training day in the area and we met a whole bunch of young guys with short hair that said we should turn around 'cause we were trespassing....We told them the best fishing was just a few hundred yds. up the road and we would not get in the way.....They let us pass....Caught two big steelhead that day!!.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I remember fishing that way years ago. I don`t think I`ve been back that way since the mid 70s. Got complaints from the natives so I stopped going there. I always wondered if it was possible to go that way anymore. I was alway worried I would be trespassing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember driving up river one day on that old road. We came around a corner and were met by an Army tank coming full speed straight at us.
Needless to say we avoided a collision but it sure put the wind up our backsides for a few minutes.
Ah the good old days ----when a one fish day was a bit of a disappoinment.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I remember that road...I also seem to recall an old acquaintance getting stuck in there in his truck with his new girlfriend one of the last times it washed out...didn't make a good impression. ;)

I for one am glad you cannot drive back there anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.