BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Whats this , two days ago I went up to the vedder to fish and did some fishing at the cement wall, while there I didnt get any bits on my rod but it felt like my legs were getting bitten to death but no mosquitoes seen (was wearing shorts), today two days later got lots of itchy bumps,

What got me salmon bugs ????????????

:pissed: :confused:

Cape R

· Registered
233 Posts
im pretty sure they are called noseeums. you can barely see the but they hurt and itch..and theres lots of them. i got eaten last night as well. after i came back i had at least 20 red dots and bumps on hands and mor on my legs.

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O , OK but how do you take the itch away any suggestions and how long does it stick around ???

Just goes to show ya ....... don't ever go fishing nude eh :happy:

Serious any suggestions for itch relief :wallbash:

Still scratching (legs only ) :mad:
Cape R
PS Thanks !

· Registered
417 Posts
cape resilient said:
O , OK but how do you take the itch away any suggestions and how long does it stick around ???

Just goes to show ya ....... don't ever go fishing nude eh :happy:

Serious any suggestions for itch relief :wallbash:

Still scratching (legs only ) :mad:
Cape R
PS Thanks !
First thing is not to scratch at all. I know it is hard to manage your hands when it is itchy, but try not to scratch
Get some "eau de cologne” ( yes parfume for man ) assuming you don't have allergy on it, and rub it into skeen when it is really itchy ( very old recipe from grandma )

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coho you got that right !

Nay , thanks for granny's remedy ....

Until I get the perfum, I am going out back to get a wood chisel to use . The way I look at it is if I take the skin off the bone won't have to worry about it being itchy anymore :happy:

Thanks for advise guys

Cape R

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Don't laugh at this guys, but the best remedy to relieve the swelling and itch from these bites, and to help speed up the healing is Preparation H. :thumbup: I am not kidding (you might want to buy a small tube dedicated to this use only. :happy:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.