BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie addict. Only got five days in before the epic amounts of water in November/dec. Where would a guy go to get a fix on the Chilliwack. I used to fish at "nickersons" (at least that's what I think it was called...park just past some trailers on the waters edge then walk in on a dirt road then trail). I went with my daughters about a month ago and it was totally different. Any fish there? Where would I go to find some. I need a fix....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
GL, the vedder is hot right now, very hot! :thumbup: Guys are having multiple fish days and quite a few hatchery chromers! With the rains coming, as they are saying, would could only have a couple of good days left! Water is mint and the level has been dropping! :thumbup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
As The man Bergler already said the Vedder is great right now. Pick a fishy spot and have at 'er. My buddy was out on monday and landed more fish than I'd care to mention ;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
well now you've done it Berg :naughty:
i was going to go into work in the morning but i cant resist another pop at some steel in the ved :peace:
anyone getting any on the fly yet ???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Water clarity and levels and, consequently fishing, are excellent, above the Tamahi. :thumbup:
There is a massive gravel removal project :wallbash: going on immediately above the Vedder Crossing and that is mudding up the water downstream. Water levels will probably rise over the week end becasue of the 20 degree temperatures.
:cheers:

·
Registered
419 Posts
jay said:
you guys got any tips for a newbie fisher, going to vedder? i went camping their one time. I saw some fish but didn't have a rod or license at the time, and now i do? any tips?? thanks
Concentrate on trout fishing for a while you'll catch lots of fish and won't get discouraged. Also you'll learn the river pretty quickly. Just put a dew worm or some cured roe on your hook and fish just below the rapids as they enter any run along the entire river from limit hole down. you'll be surprised there are some monster rainbows to be caught in the upper river. Alot of little guys in the lower below lickman. A guy can get a fish on every cast if using the right gear 2lb leaders with itty bitty 8's for hooks or even 6's i find the trout like to swallow the really small hooks. Good luck to ya. Salmon will be here in no time
:beerchug:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeh anyone been out today
i would like to go in the morning instead of barfing the Fraser for dollies
hows the water clarity ???
how many guys out there ???
is it worth the gas ???

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Was fishing sunday...conditions were just fine then...even though freshet is on its way, and should be severe this year, I believe it is still well worth the gas Britguy....

Asimo, welcome to the forum, there are many hotspots throughout the river, but then again if you don't find a hot spot, don't give up!!! There are still fish spread out everywhere, you just might find a few sections of river that hold more than others...

A tip:

Fish any slower moving water right now...particularly if it is after or beside long stretches of faster water. Concentrate on the slower water and boils in the first flat sections above long downhill stretches, and zero in on spots that look fishy. Work those spots hard...don't search through vast stretches of water, although you will find the odd fish this way, concentrating on smaller seams and boils in the slower water will find you fish.

There are definitely fish to be caught.

rib

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks ribwart just made my mind up i will hit it hard in the morning 8)
i will take a few pics of the water and post them ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.