BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and there were no fish to be seen by anyone. Crazy. The water clairity this AM was about very good, making spooky fish all around, if they are there. Plied my skills for three hours in a few different holes and no one saw any fish. I was in the upper Chilliwack. Actually, I didn't get skunked. Caught a steelhead smolt who slammed my size 2 hook with peach wool. :thumbup:

· Registered
417 Posts
What a day !!! Hooked 12 fish today, didn't land any :wallbash:
There are fish moving, I could see them swimming by. Fighted big spring for 10 minutes, it was so strong, it just dragged be down the river, I have seen it in the water, it was HUGE, never seen such HUGE spring myself. After 10 minutes it just snapped my leader :wallbash: landimg my ass onto rocks :happy: It was a great fight :thumbup:

· Registered
247 Posts
was on the vedder today from about 7am-3pm, saw some coho's and jacks taken at our first spot and some big 20-40 lb springs from our second spot. hook and myself also hooked a biggy each but the fish won the battle in the end just out of reach at the shore.
ran into FFM at this spot and he was 0 for six on when we left at three, tough luck aaron.
as we are going again on sunday i am not stating where we were as it was crowded enough at times. :thumbup:

· Registered
917 Posts
Well - I went 0 - 6 today with respect to chrome springs. :wallbash: Size range 12 - 30+ lbs. I wanted the small ones more that the big guys. Ran into Hook and Wagonmaster who each lost a big spring while they joined me. Good to see you guys again!

· Registered
351 Posts
Took my future son-in-law to the upper for his first time salmon fishing.Start him out simple casting/slow retreive with a brass Mepps in some slow water.Fifteen minutes later he's into his first ever fight with a chrome coho :happy: Unfotunately it came unbutttoned :p Ten minutes later he hooks another.We land and release a chrome wild 8# :thumbup:.I started out floating some roe and was into 3 smaller green and stanky whites :-X.After he lost another coho,I smarten up and put on a gold colarado.Second cast with the blade and fish on ;D.It was hatch but popped off as I went to slide it in :'( Bonked the only keeper for the day a few minutes later,about 6# All in all we were into about 5 springs and close to ten coho.Bite was on from about 9:00-11:00.after that you could see them roll,but to takers(felt a few light taps)

· Registered
30 Posts
Today my brothers and i tried Upper, mid and lower..

Upper: Saw a few coho and a spring.. didn't get any bites though

Mid: Nothing

Lower: Seemed to have the most fish , but all i was seeing was Spring and Chum. a few dead or dying pinks along the edges. I hooked into a nice spring which jumped about a meter across the water thus unsetting my hook.

Over all tho, it seemed lower had the most fish.

I'm sure if i had stuck with upper i would have done better

But i get bored really fast. heh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.