BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I screamed my VW from Vancouver to Fred's Tackle and was in the shop around 2pm. I asked for some roe and the helpful expert gave me some orange roe. The container had felt markings on it that read SP-OR. I'm thinking that means orange spring roe? I started at the pool just past Borden Creek. A fellow and his son had a spring on but it wrapped itself around a rock deep in the middle of the river and he had to break his line off. Another angler said he had hooked one and I saw some fresh guts near the shore. I walked upriver to the small pool/run above the main one that the other five anglers were fishing. I began float fishing that roe with a Gibbs foam pencil float, some weight, and about half a golf ball size of roe. No fish surfacing and no bites after twenty minutes, so I moved back down to the main pool and fished the tail end of it. Again no fish seen, and no bites after thirty minutes, so I left and went down 150m to a small run of big boulders where I thought some might be holding behind them. Nothing. I drove west a few minutes to that huge huge huge deep pool that you can see from the side of the road easily. It's a large bend in the river. There's dangerous jagged rocks piled all along the banks. Don't know the name. It looked perfect, but no fish seen and no bites after thirty minutes. Drove further west to the Tamihi bridge and fished right under it behind one of the pillars. Nothing. Worked my way 50m further down river and nothing. Drove to the bottom of Lickman Rd. Fished for an hour. No sign of anything. Drove to the Keith Wilson Bridge and fished there for an hour. Nothing. As someone once said before on this site, "Shitty day for me..." I only saw those first five anglers, and then nobody else the rest of the day. Sockeye madness on the Fraser right?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris!

It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who got skunked recently. Maybe this means that we're in for a really good day next time eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts