BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Lost one coho and landed another nearly a week ago.

Try the lower sections during the low light hours, I find this is when the fish seem to be on the move the most right now with the low water...midday hours, try some of the deeper bottleneck type parts of the river... ;)

G

·
Today after work I got 12 Pinks 2 jack Springs on the Fly Rod, this past week has been good.... only going to get better.

My opinion for you is to go out and try it instead of asking if anyone has been fishing it..... Just go and enjoy the outing.... Fishing doesnt always mean your going to be catching.... just go out and relax and enjoy the outdoors.... Catching fish is just a bonus...

· Registered
1,165 Posts
shane said:
The rain didnt change a thing, its gonna take more than a few drizzles to make a difference.
Yup your right Shane. I have checked the graph this morning and it sure has not changed much. It did come up a little but not nearly enough. Mind you a little at a time would be nice instead of a huge bump. I would love to get a couple of days of fishing in before the veddar is blown.

G

·
flyguy said:
shane said:
The rain didnt change a thing, its gonna take more than a few drizzles to make a difference.
Yup your right Shane. I have checked the graph this morning and it sure has not changed much. It did come up a little but not nearly enough. Mind you a little at a time would be nice instead of a huge bump. I would love to get a couple of days of fishing in before the veddar is blown.
A Couple LOL !!!!! Geff you old man !!!! ;)

G

·
Roe_Pig said:
It's going to take a couple of days of heavy rain before the slugfest begins

If SLUGFEST means the crowds ..... There allready out there !!!!

Today everyone of my Fish that were hooked the fly was way down its throat, most of the flies i had to cut the leader and let it swim off with my fly , so i didnt disect the fish to get my fly back... and hurt it....

This guy standing besdie me was hitting fish as well (GEAR FISHING) and everyone of his fish was landed on its side, by the tail, by the hump etc.. he looks at me and says are all your fish hooked in the mouth I said YUP !!! he said he couldnt figure out why they arent biting his offering, so i checke dout his gear to help him out and NO JOKE !!!! his leader was 5-7 feet long with almost 6 inches of penceil lead LOL !!!!! I said to this guy.... NO WONDER !!!! Your not getting bites and proper hook ups.... he said well it works in the fraser it should work here LOL !!!! :eek: ::) I looked around me and said this doesnt look like the Fraser... and I told this guy that his setup needs to be changed .... I guess thats only setup he new how to rig up. So i showed him how to do it properly and he kind of looked at me strange !!!! He had a Float on this time, about 1/2 - 1 inch lead, and about a 14 inch leader ..... he looked a little confused.... but after that he was getting some good hits and landed a BAR CRHOME PINK !!!!! He was pretty happy, hopefully he sticks to this method of fishing...

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Hey way to go, the fishing gods might look down on u and give u what u wish for. (my suggestions are rain, lots of coho, or tons of steelhead) LOL Hook anything big today? Looking to be there wensday cus i have a pro-d day. oh ya! :happy:

· Registered
87 Posts
I went just above the train bridge this morning but didn't get any takers so I moved up around Allison pool and fished that new "RUN" it's got there now from that big flood and didn't get a sniff from a few nice pinks up there till(once again) I slapped a modified Lazer egg pattern on a short float set-up :-X
(hope I did the pic posting right ):( but instead of red feathers I slapped a little Llama dubbing to make it look like it's milking. Now for size, I tied it on an #8. Only had 2 of those with me but I did managed to loosen up those tight jawed pinks.

· Registered
218 Posts
lower and canal, the pinks are already on their redds. I started to fish one spot that was shallow and led out to a deeper run but walked back in when I saw the beds...this unfortunetly won't matter to the masses as they are "just pinks"... I was excited about catching them in the squamish and fraser, I am not in the vedder...while still some fresh ones most are in to breed and the gong show has begun again...I went off on a group of _ _ _ _ _ that were snagging and bonking fish,,,just had enough and don't think they don't know or understand!!! As I walked up one hit his side caught fish on the head with a rock, saw me and tossed it up on the beach and acted like he didn't have anything...I took their pic. with my cellphone, told um I was calling DFO and hoped one would say somthing so I could break their...OK, chill time..
Anyways, Time to find some other spots or rivers up interior side etc. before I get arrested...

· Registered
87 Posts
Unfortunately the gong has begun, Grey ghost. I've been fortunate for the past week not to come across these poachers in the Vedder but I did come across a ton of experienced local up and down the banks mentioning snaggers they seen in a few areas where the fish's are already digging beds and spawning. I have the DFO number on speed dial now after that incident I had with a Poacher a few weeks back by Derby Reach.
Knowing that there are seasoned anglers/conservationists out there on our rivers by just trolling these forums makes me sleep easier at night.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
FishFreak said:
Roe_Pig said:
It's going to take a couple of days of heavy rain before the slugfest begins

If SLUGFEST means the crowds ..... There allready out there !!!!

Today everyone of my Fish that were hooked the fly was way down its throat, most of the flies i had to cut the leader and let it swim off with my fly , so i didnt disect the fish to get my fly back... and hurt it....

This guy standing besdie me was hitting fish as well (GEAR FISHING) and everyone of his fish was landed on its side, by the tail, by the hump etc.. he looks at me and says are all your fish hooked in the mouth I said YUP !!! he said he couldnt figure out why they arent biting his offering, so i checke dout his gear to help him out and NO JOKE !!!! his leader was 5-7 feet long with almost 6 inches of penceil lead LOL !!!!! I said to this guy.... NO WONDER !!!! Your not getting bites and proper hook ups.... he said well it works in the fraser it should work here LOL !!!! :eek: ::) I looked around me and said this doesnt look like the Fraser... and I told this guy that his setup needs to be changed .... I guess thats only setup he new how to rig up. So i showed him how to do it properly and he kind of looked at me strange !!!! He had a Float on this time, about 1/2 - 1 inch lead, and about a 14 inch leader ..... he looked a little confused.... but after that he was getting some good hits and landed a BAR CRHOME PINK !!!!! He was pretty happy, hopefully he sticks to this method of fishing...

I ran into this guy at Hatch Matchers that is producing a DVD on every ethical techniques to use on the veddar. He said that he was hoping to have it out for October but he said it looks like it will be November. Hopefully this DVD will help those that only know of one way to fish.

· Registered
201 Posts
A dvd is like a penny to make if that. If someone put the time into making a video to teach others how to fish with ethnical techniques and other concepts, Im sure some company would provide the disks. These could be handed out for free on the river, a cheap and easy way to teach others on there own time. The only down side I can see is more garbage going back into the Vedder.... :confused:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.